[SOLVED] No display on monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahl1l

Commendable
Sep 16, 2020
Hello all,

Ive ran into quite the dilemma and I was hoping that maybe someone here could help me out . I went to go use my pc today and as I turn the monitor on I get a “check input signal” message before my monitor fades to black. Just yesterday my PC and monitor were running just fine and now all of a sudden this happens . Is there any possible solution to the problem I am having? Keep in mind the monitor and my pc parts are fairly new .

Kahl1l

Commendable
Sep 16, 2020
does it sound like the computer turn on?
test with another monitor? check the cable?
After leaving my power supply unplugged for a few, I plugged it back in and used a different cable but now the pc won’t even turn on, no fans or anything. (Before it gets asked, yes I made sure the power was flipped on lol)

Kahl1l

Commendable
Sep 16, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kfvLRk

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($65.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.05 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($249.99 @ B&H)
Case: Cougar Solution ATX Mid Tower Case
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/RSBS DVD/CD Writer

(Not completely sure about the psu it was loaned to me by my neighbor after a power outage blew out my original one....but I’m pretty sure it has some age to it )

Kahl1l

Commendable
Sep 16, 2020
would get a good psu. rx 580 need a good psu
Okay just got the new psu and it turns out that wasn’t the problem, unfortunately. A friend of mine let me test my pc on his monitor and the picture displayed just fine which leads me to believe the monitor is defective. Before I send this monitor back and purchase another one, could the bios or something I might’ve overlooked be a reason it won’t display on my monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.