[SOLVED] No display on my new PC build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2021
I recently bought and put together my first PC build with the help of multiple guides and my mates walking me through it. When trying to turn the computer on to install windows and start setting it up software-wise however, I don't get any display through to my monitor (reads no signal). I've tried it with 2 monitors which both work connected to my laptop, connecting trying both displayport cables and multiple different HDMI leads from the Graphics card (as there isn't integrated graphics on my CPU so it won't work from the mobo port). I've tried taking it apart and rebuilding it making sure everything is connected properly, I've also tried using 1 stick of RAM, I've tried resetting the CMOS and I've made sure everything is seated properly.

The components are as follows:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU
  • AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPU (Sapphire Pulse RX 6800)
  • MPG B550 Gaming Edge Wifi Motherboard
  • Corsair RM750 PSU
  • 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600MHz
  • Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2
  • Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
  • Hyper 212 EVO V2 CPU Cooler
  • NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case (+2x Artic F12 PWM case fans)
The computer starts up, all the fans on the case/CPU cooler start-up, the RAM RGB comes on. I've tried staring up many times, sometimes the mobo 'boot' debug light comes on, other times all 4 debug lights stay off (depending on my windows USB being plugged in). I'm worried the issue may be with the graphics card as the fans aren't spinning (which I know they might not necessarily at low load on some cards) and there aren't any lights on the card as far as I can see (if there are some, they aren't coming on).

I don't have any other desktops to swap out main parts to test with, and without integrated graphics, I cannot confirm it's the graphics card that isn't working. Does anyone have any advice as to what may be wrong, what I can maybe do to fix it, or whether I need to take the entire build into a computer shop and get somebody to have a look at it?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.