[SOLVED] No Display on new ASROCK B450 Pro motherboard

Aug 4, 2020
New build with following components:

1. Asrock B450 Pro motherboard (Mini ATX)
  2. MSI GTX 1600 GPU
  3. EVGA 400w power supply
  4. G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)

Tried following:
a. Connect HDMI cable to motherboard output --> No Display
b. Connect HDMI cable to GPU port --> No display
c. Removed RAM and tried again --> No Display

After turning on, there is no sound and no display. Case Fans, GPU fans, and CPU fans spinning. Power button working and LED lights also work.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Solution
Finally, it is fixed. Out of box, the motherboard doesn't have drivers for the GTX 1060. Downloaded the bios update on a usb and started it with usb inserted. After the bios update, it started displaying on the screen.
Aug 4, 2020
Finally, it is fixed. Out of box, the motherboard doesn't have drivers for the GTX 1060. Downloaded the bios update on a usb and started it with usb inserted. After the bios update, it started displaying on the screen.

Solution

bakana42

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012

Could you detail how you updated the BIOS without a screen visible? All of the directions I see for flashing an ASRock motherboard require you to be able to see the screen and to interact with the BIOS setup software to select and intstall the BIOS from the USB. Is there another way to just flash with no visual signal?

roberttim

Prominent
Nov 28, 2020
Could you detail how you updated the BIOS without a screen visible? All of the directions I see for flashing an ASRock motherboard require you to be able to see the screen and to interact with the BIOS setup software to select and intstall the BIOS from the USB. Is there another way to just flash with no visual signal?

I am wondering the same here!