No display on new build. Just consulting.

Klieforth1697

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
Hey guys,

Building a netflix box for a soon to be sister in law.

Specs:

ECS A55F2-M3(1.0) FM2 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Team Elite 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model TED32048M1333C9

Diablotek DA Series PSDA350 350W ATX12V Power Supply

AMD Athlon X2 340 Trinity 3.2GHz Socket FM2 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor AD340XOKHJBOX

Power supply is perfectly fine. I am experienced in this area, and believe me, I feel like I have tried everything. What I am not sure about is if the problem lies in the RAM or the motherboard. Power still runs through the MB perfectly fine. Everything spins properly.

I have read every thread about this problem that I could find, and went through the steps in http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

I should mention that when i first installed the motherboard. I used plastic spacers instead of the default metal that it came with. After running into this problem, I installed the metal spacers in the correct locations.

Her birthday is today, hopefully I can get this working with some fast responses, otherwise ill have to return both ram and motherboard in hopes that one of them was the culprit.

Anything helps!! Thanks guys.

"update! I forgot to mention that I only have one stick of ram and I do not have an internal speaker to hear bios beeps."

TRENDING THREADS