[SOLVED] No display on new build

Dec 3, 2019
Photos that may or may not be helpful
Part List

Just building my new PC and I'm trying to work out what's going wrong. It seems power is reaching the board as all the RGB lights come on, all the fans spin, however the onboard LEDs are not coming on to signal anything, and no display signal is reaching the monitor.
I believe everything is connected correctly, but I get the same effect (RGB lights, fan spinning etc.) if I unplug the 8pin CPU power connector and try to power on, so I'm thinking either the CPU or mobo is screwed.

I've tried the following:
  • reseating the CPU
  • Pulling the CMOS battery and then returning it after 15 minutes
  • Using one/two sticks of RAM, in different slots
  • Unplugging the 8pin and 24pin and plugging them in again, both on the board and the PSU
  • I've ensured there's no damaged pins in the socket (pictured)
  • Tried using an old gtx 780, and with no card (I plan to use the 1070 from my current PC and get a new card when the next gen is out)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Part List

Just building my new PC and I'm trying to work out what's going wrong. It seems power is reaching the board as all the RGB lights come on, all the fans spin, however the onboard LEDs are not coming on to signal anything, and no display signal is reaching the monitor.
I believe everything is connected correctly, but I get the same effect (RGB lights, fan spinning etc.) if I unplug the 8pin CPU power connector and try to power on, so I'm thinking either the CPU or mobo is screwed.

• reseating the CPU
  • Unplugging the 8pin and...
Part List

• reseating the CPU
  • Unplugging the 8pin and 24pin and plugging them in again, both on the board and the PSU
  • I've ensured there's no damaged pins in the socket (pictured)
  • Tried using an old gtx 780, and with no card (I plan to use the 1070 from my current PC and get a new card when the next gen is out)
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
It looks like the bios to support a 9700k was released on 04/28/2019. I’m wondering if your board doesn’t have the latest bios for some reason. If you have a local computer shop with a 8000 series intel that they could try and update the bios with I’d go with that, otherwise may need to return the motherboard and hope it has a later bios or try another one all together.

Solution
Dec 3, 2019
It looks like the bios to support a 9700k was released on 04/28/2019. I’m wondering if your board doesn’t have the latest bios for some reason. If you have a local computer shop with a 8000 series intel that they could try and update the bios with I’d go with that, otherwise may need to return the motherboard and hope it has a later bios or try another one all together.
I bought from scan, it claims to be 9th gen https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asu...a3-dual-m2-2-way-sli-3-way-crossfire-wifi-usb

If that were the reason, would the CPU LED not come on to signal a problem with it?