Question No display on new build ?

Jan 24, 2021
I built a new computer about 2 weeks ago. I purchased everything brand new except for the GPU and Motherboard, the motherboard was open box from Newegg and the GPU was from ebay.

Specs:

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon
RX 580 8gb
Ryzen 5 3600
2x 8gb DDR4 RAM
CX 650m PSU

I assembled everything and I was able to install Windows, but AMD would not let me install GPU drivers and device manager showed a Code 43 error on my GPU. At this point, my PC would not post 80% of the time, I would get no display. So I replaced the GPU, and this seemed to work, I was able to install the correct AMD drivers, play games, and my PC seemed to be booting normally.

After a couple of days, my PC stopped booting. I had put it into sleep mode overnight and the next morning when I tried to wake it up I couldn't get any display. When I hit the power button, all of the fans and lights spin up but there's no video signal to my monitor, I don't even get to the BIOS screen. On my motherboard debug lights, the CPU light flashes red for about a half second when I boot it.

I've tried the BIOS switch on my GPU, I've tried different monitors, different cables, and I've tried both DP and HDMI. I've cleared the CMOS, and I just took everything off of the motherboard and put it all back in like a fresh install. I've also replaced the PSU. At this point I'm ready to return the motherboard and hope that solves my problem but I don't want to keep blindly replacing components.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS