[SOLVED] No display on new pc

Jan 7, 2019
Hello everyone. So this is my first time building a gaming pc, I've connecting everything good as it must be. Pc boots, all the LEDs are on, but no display. Monitor is new as well. Don't know where to look for the problem. When I start my pc every fan spins, but on GPU it spins fot about 3secs and stops. All other fans are working fine, but still after 5secs they spin little bit slower(by the sounds). I tried the CMOS method by putting on the jumper and then fans are working fine, still not on the GPU, but then mobo CPU LED is on. Can't find solutions. Tried every single methon on Tomshardware and youtube. Specs:
Gtx 1060 6gb
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI b350m
EVGA 500w
Samsung 860 500gb
Ballistix 3000mhz 8gb

Hope to get some help :(

Solution
Simple answer is that unless your motherboard has the latest bios it won't work with your CPU as it's 2nd gen ryzen. Either take the board back and exchange it for a 400 series motherboard or you'll need a bootkit from AMD or take your motherboard to your local pc store and ask them to update the bios for you. Your CPU also doesn't have built in graphics so connecting your monitor to the motherboard won't give you any display, it needs to be connected to your GPU.
This confirms that the memory is not compatible with the motherboard. Incompatible memory can cause a system to not boot. If this is your only problem, then purchasing compatible memory will get your system up and running. Also, do remember to get memory that is on the motherboard's QVL list.

Jan 7, 2019

I use only one stick. And yes I've tried to connect monitor to mobo nad removing the gpu. Still no signal. Also don't get why only gpu's fans don't spin

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Well all you can do is to double check all your connections, pull them, reseat them at both ends and restart. If still no go then pull cpu and check the pins to make sure none are bent and reseat that. If you have already done all that then I have no further advice for you. :[

racksmith101

Respectable
Simple answer is that unless your motherboard has the latest bios it won't work with your CPU as it's 2nd gen ryzen. Either take the board back and exchange it for a 400 series motherboard or you'll need a bootkit from AMD or take your motherboard to your local pc store and ask them to update the bios for you. Your CPU also doesn't have built in graphics so connecting your monitor to the motherboard won't give you any display, it needs to be connected to your GPU.

Solution