Question No display on PC with no component changes

leFluff

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2014
Hi, I've been attempting to troubleshoot an issue today with my PC. The last time I've changed a component is ~1 year ago, so it's not an issue with a new component. As I attempted to start the PC this morning there is no signal received on the monitor.
I've gone through bunch of steps in attempts to narrow down the issue, but at this point I feel like I'm stuck where I don't have any results about what exactly is wrong.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: GTX 1070 G1
OLD GPU: GTX 770
PSU: rog thor 850w platinum
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 gaming x

Description: Turning on the PC everything seems fine; LEDs turn on, CPU and GPU fans spin, the W display on the PSU functions and it stays on.
Initially I thought it was the monitor / cable, but trying with a laptop both of them worked fine.
After I thought it might be the GPU, but removing the GPU and using the integrated graphics gave the same results. Equally, I attempted slotting in my old graphics card to see if it would make a difference, but it did not (albeit, I can't confirm the old graphics card is working properly, since it has not been in use).
Following some googling I thought it might be the PSU, but after replacing that there is no change.
I've also tried swapping to one RAM stick, trying both in slot 1 and 2, without change.
At this point I'm assuming it's between the CPU and Motherboard, but I'm not sure how to narrow it down to either one (or if I'm honestly way off the mark here).

Any ideas?

Mar 12, 2022
It may be the issue with MB slot for the monitor. Have you tried a different monitor? Also try to do something in BIOS and see of that works, of not -> reboot the CMOS