Question No display on startup after update ?

The Outcast

Prominent
Mar 1, 2020
Hey there, I recently downloaded a new graphics driver as well as windows 11 on my new pc. The black screen issue ( no display) started before I downloaded windows 11 but after I installed the gpu, however, it wasn't something I considered to be an issue, because most of the time it would start no problem. I then looked into changing my bios to secure boot UEFI option and disabling CSM because I saw alot of people were doing this for better booting on windows 11, however, now I can't get a successful boot at all. I tried resetting my bios by taking out the cmos battery, but still getting no display on boot, black screen only. I'm sure there's some details I might be missing but I'm just trying to give a general idea of the nature of my problem. My guess is it has something to do with the gpu update, however, I don't understand why it would be working partially. Right now I'm using the Motherboard Vga to see if that works. Any insight on what could have caused this would be helpful. I want to say it's windows 11 related but I have to test my motherboards VGA first to rule out the graphics card. The last thing I was able to do before it 100% of the time didn't startup was change my CSM setting to UEFI. Below are my PC specs

Edit I started up the Pc with hdmi cable connected to Motherboard and still black screen , which may mean it's not an issue with the GPU but something else. This leads me to believe that it may be more software (possibly Windows 11 related). I'll keep updating progress in hopes that someone can chime in and find a solution.
Edit I tested the monitor to make sure it's not that and the monitor works fine.

Update I purchased a power supply tester device to make sure every connection works with the power supply.

3600x AMD Ryzen 5
RTX 2080 GPU
MSI MPG X570
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB RAM
EVGA Supernova 750B- 750 w Power supply
M.2 SSD ADDLINK 670 1tb

Last edited:

The Outcast

Prominent
Mar 1, 2020
Your CPU does not have an integrated graphics chip so the motherboard monitor ports won't work anyway, so this has nothing to do with your problem.

That makes sense, and I appreciate the feedback. So I pulled out a Gpu from an old functioning build to test, and it's still showing 'no display'. Leads me to believe it's not GPU related.. That takes me back to the motherboard, If there were a way to test it or reset it back to how it was before the bios change maybe it would work. I took out the Cmos battery twice for 10 minutes but the problem persists. The computer runs fine on startup no beeps, error lights, all fans are running... just no display.