No display or beeps, tried testing individual ram sticks, then tried clearing CMOS

seigrain

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
This is a new build everything powers on fine when i first assembled but there was no display or beep. I tried individual ram and still nothing. I then shorted the 2 pins to clear the CMOs (was unplugged when i did so) and when i powered it on again there was still no display and the fans ,instead of continuously spinning ,start up stop and start again over and over, also the clear CMOs button and other LED's keep flashing unlike before. please help.

seigrain

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

when "playing around" with the ram just try the sticks in different slots? i am trying with both an HDMI and VGA each time i try to boot.

My specs are:
MSI x99a sli plus
i7 5930k cpu
32gb of ddr4 kingston hyperX ram

bitwright

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
This sounds like a short. Did you install the motherboard standoffs? Forgetting these is a common mistake. If you did then check for bent CPU pins. Both of these are on the list on steps AMD Radeon posted.

If everything looks right but it's still not working, then you probably have a bad PSU. Try testing things out with a different PSU.