Question No display or power to USB ports, fixes by shaking the PC? Lol

Jan 17, 2021
So yeah this has been happening to me randomly for some time now on my pc I built myself. Sometimes it boots perfectly fine, other times I get no display or power to USB ports. I first re-seated the graphics card and that fixed it but I’ve now discovered that I can turn off the pc, shake the PC a little, turn it back on and it will work lol. Is this a graphics card issues? Is this cause by sagging graphics cards or something else.
2070 Super 3OC
Asus X570 plus wifi
Ryzen 7 3800x

Jan 17, 2021
Thanks for the prompt response. I had a look at the 24 pin connector and plugged it out and plugged it back in and also gave a quick check on all other pin connectors to insure they are fully connected. PC booted without issues for now, but prior to this it would happen sometimes and sometimes it wouldn't so i will keep an eye on it and hopefully it wont return. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2021
Okay so, after checking all connectors and booting up the PC (I had used it for a couple of hours with no issues) i then suddenly got blue screened with the error 'Unexpected kernel mode trap" this then stopped the displays and USB ports while the PC was still on. Had to hold down power button to turn it off, turned it back on - no problems. Not sure what is causing this, any help would be great. It seems very similar to the first issue i reported. So far I have just tried running a Memory Diagnostics but didnt find any errors.

Jan 17, 2021
So after a couple of boots with no issues, today the issue returned. Could this be like a loose cable within 24 pin connector? is this a common thing for one to come loose. Somebody surely has had this issue before.