[SOLVED] No display output with hdmi and new ryzen 3700 and Rtx 2060

Nov 3, 2019
Hi,

I have just purchased a new pc, which I have never turned on. This was built for me, and the factory stress tested it, or so they say.

I have tried connecting this to my monitors using hdmi, which I know the hdmi cable works as I have tried with my laptop.

My pc build is below and would be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks in advance

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor | £289.99 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-U12S 55 CFM CPU Cooler | £55.99 @ CCL Computers
Thermal Compound | Noctua NT-H1 3.5 g Thermal Paste | £6.79 @ Amazon UK
Motherboard | Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard | £110.19 @ Amazon UK
Memory | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory | £65.58 @ Aria PC
Storage | Intel 660p 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | £63.37 @ CCL Computers
Storage | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | £99.13 @ Amazon UK
Video Card | Asus GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card | £379.99 @ Box Limited
Case | Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower Case | £62.49 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply | Corsair RMx 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | £96.49 @ Currys PC World
Operating System | Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit | £79.97 @ Amazon UK
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | £1309.98
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-24 09:54 GMT+0000 |

Solution
Check the Hdmi cable is plugged in the correct port. There are multiple and some ports are meant for igpu belonging to the motherboard which won't work with your cpu not having igpu capabilities. The gpu video ports are further down.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Check the Hdmi cable is plugged in the correct port. There are multiple and some ports are meant for igpu belonging to the motherboard which won't work with your cpu not having igpu capabilities. The gpu video ports are further down.

Solution
Nov 3, 2019
thanks for your reply. My gpu has 3 dp and 1 hdmi, and it is definitely in the hdmi

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Well that's not good, was hoping it was that. Other avenues would suggest taking it back. Since you didn't assemble it, there's uncertainty about if the store did boot or even flashed the bios to be compatible with Zen2.

Check monitor input & connections. Im still hoping for a simple mixup.

Nov 3, 2019
Well that's not good, was hoping it was that. Other avenues would suggest taking it back. Since you didn't assemble it, there's uncertainty about if the store did boot or even flashed the bios to be compatible with Zen2.

Check monitor input & connections. Im still hoping for a simple mixup.
Yes I’m hoping for a simple mix up too! In terms of my mobo, all four LEDs come on in their sequence, then repeat. Is it boot looping?

Nov 3, 2019
Why it's doing that i don't know. Something isn't right obviously. Best take it back to get checked out.

Where was your system built and configured? Did this place give you Win10 key via hard copy or sticker?
Via sticker; the cpu fan doesn’t stay on either, turns off after about 15 seconds

Angelo191

Prominent
Sep 29, 2019
If you are in fact plugging into the GPU port and not the MOBO, it might be that the GPU is malfunctioning or not property connected.

Like it has been said, best to return it to the vendor given you have a warranty.

Angelo191

Prominent
Sep 29, 2019
Hmm it’s a brand new pc. In the previous comments I mentioned about the POST lighting, would that not display a problem??
My bad, got confused for a second there. Yeah like it's been said before, best thing to do is reach out to the vendor and have them figure out the problem and fix it. Since your other GPU did not work either, it's 90% an issue with the MOBO.

TRENDING THREADS