[SOLVED] No Display - PC will not POST - Replaced all parts

Jun 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for a little help diagnosing a problem with this pc I've been working on building lately. I bought some used parts and some new parts as well as I have some existing parts from my current build and put together a pretty cool system but I'm worried either I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something necessary to this working correctly. No matter what I do I can't get the computer to post or even show anything on my display. It continues to say 'searching for signal' on my monitor. I've tried everything, including switching the motherboard out to a completely different one (yet similar).

There are no beeps when I turn the computer on however all the power seems to be running normal with all fans moving normally and it sounds like a perfectly working computer, but no display. I've tried changing out the RAM sticks, putting the RAM sticks in different slots, changing out the processor, changing out the the graphics card, changing out the power supply, tried with and without the onboard graphics, tried with VGA cable & HDMI, tried reseting the CMOS, replacing the battery, re-seating the graphics card, tried a different computer case, and tried a different monitor. I have also tried with and without the hard drives. They are not formatted right now, they still have all my files and windows from the other computer however I'm just trying to get the computer to go into bios and allow me to see something on the screen. I have another working computer I even tested some of these parts in and they are all working as far as I can tell. A large majority of them were working in my other build which is why I'm so confused.

These are the components I'm using.

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2 (rev 1.0) AM3+ AMD 760G AMD Motherboard #1142
AMD FX 6300 3.5 GHz Six-Core Socket AM3+ Processor FD6300WMW6KHK
EVGA 600 B1, 80+ Bronze 600W Power Supply 100-B1-0600-KR
2x4gb ADATA xpg ddr3 ram
Radeon RX570 Gaming X 4G
CyberpowerPC Computer Case (also tried in Elite 334 Nvidia Edition Computer Case)

I was a little worried that maybe the power supply isn't enough wattage but I don't have a larger one to test this theory, but then wouldn't the computer just not turn on? That I'm not sure about enough to really know and I hate to buy something I might not need unless I know its the problem.

Is there anyone who can give me some advice. I'm trying not to have to take it to a computer repair shop since I've already spent so much on buying extra pieces to switch out. I've attached some images of the inside of the computer, not sure how helpful they are though. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Solution
Hello everyone,

I'm currently looking for a little help diagnosing a problem with this pc I've been working on building lately. I bought some used parts and some new parts as well as I have some existing parts from my current build and put together a pretty cool system but I'm worried either I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something necessary to this working correctly. No matter what I do I can't get the computer to post or even show anything on my display. It continues to say 'searching for signal' on my monitor. I've tried everything, including switching the motherboard out to a completely different one (yet similar).

There are no beeps when I turn the computer on however all the power seems to be running normal with...
Hello everyone,

There are no beeps when I turn the computer on however all the power seems to be running normal with all fans moving normally and it sounds like a perfectly working computer, but no display. I've tried changing out the RAM sticks, putting the RAM sticks in different slots, changing out the processor, changing out the the graphics card, changing out the power supply, tried with and without the onboard graphics, tried with VGA cable & HDMI, tried reseting the CMOS, replacing the battery, re-seating the graphics card, tried a different computer case, and tried a different monitor. I have also tried with and without the hard drives. They are not formatted right now, they still have all my files and windows from the other computer however I'm just trying to get the computer to go into bios and allow me to see something on the screen. I have another working computer I even tested some of these parts in and they are all working as far as I can tell. A large majority of them were working in my other build which is why I'm so confused.

These are the components I'm using.

GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2 (rev 1.0) AM3+ AMD 760G AMD Motherboard #1142
AMD FX 6300 3.5 GHz Six-Core Socket AM3+ Processor FD6300WMW6KHK
EVGA 600 B1, 80+ Bronze 600W Power Supply 100-B1-0600-KR
2x4gb ADATA xpg ddr3 ram
Radeon RX570 Gaming X 4G
CyberpowerPC Computer Case (also tried in Elite 334 Nvidia Edition Computer Case)

I was a little worried that maybe the power supply isn't enough wattage but I don't have a larger one to test this theory, but then wouldn't the computer just not turn on? That I'm not sure about enough to really know and I hate to buy something I might not need unless I know its the problem.

Is there anyone who can give me some advice. I'm trying not to have to take it to a computer repair shop since I've already spent so much on buying extra pieces to switch out. I've attached some images of the inside of the computer, not sure how helpful they are though. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!
Possible problem, BIOS not updated for FX 6300.
First MB comes with BIOS f1 but needs at least BIOS F3
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-78LMT-S2-rev-10/support#support-cpu
AMD 760G is just a neme for chipset, not whole MB and it's unlikely to be compatible with FX CPUs.

Solution