Question No display plus keyboard & mouse not working after AIO upgrade ?

May 24, 2021
Recently I upgraded my systems cpu fan to an AIO and changed some of the case fans came across the issue of no display (on either of my monitors), as well as no rgb on the mouse and keyboard.

My Build is

CPU:Ryzen 7 5800x
MSI MAG core liquid 360R (new install)
MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 3600
Samsung 970 evo plus 2TB
Samsung 970 evo plus 500GB
Seagate Barracuda 4TB
GPUPower Color Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil GPU
PSU: Corsair RM 850W Gold Fully Modular.
Case: Monotech Sky one
Case fans (Cosair LL120 x3) New install- unnecessarily complicated with proprietary parts specific for it

Prior to this my bios was for sure up to date along with my drivers for my ryzen 7 5800x and gpu. Everything was fine before

After finished doing my new aio and case fan installs. no display would occur. I noticed the color of my mouse and keyboard would not work either. I had the system error message of 3 beeps so I cleaned my ram slots and put them back in. The errror message went away after a few attempts. This has occurred in the past so I knew what to do.

I still had no display and the mouse /keyboard still had no color. So I thought maybe it was a bios issue and reset the cmos with the battery removal technique and performed a bios flash. Nothing changed.

I reset the cmos once again and this time swapped my ryzen 7 with a ryzen 3200G with radeom vega 8 graphics to see if I could a display by connecting directly to the motherboard with integrated graphics. I did also because the first time I built my pc the bios would not update with flash so I used it as a boot kit.

No display still and no color on the mouse and keyboard.

My case and cpu fans spin and do light up. The motherboards rgb also works. I don't think its the psu but I haven't tested another psu. I cleaned it as well with a brush to remove any debris or dust . I feel stumped. I feel like it may be the motherboard but im not sure of another way to check.

I find it strange since I could not get a display even with integrated graphics with the use of the 3200G. Everything else seems to be functioning still.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS