Question "No Display" problem with GPU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PratHat

Reputable
Mar 16, 2021
My Zotac 3060 Ti showed no display on two occasions. The card gave signal once rebooted the system. After the first occurrence I ran a benchmark in which the temperature was 74 C at max under 100 percent load. I thought all was fine but after that when I ran another game it showed no signal again just before the actual gameplay started. The two instances of the problem happened while playing two different Capcom games.
The card has been running fine after then. I'm just clueless as to what could have caused the problem. Also just before these two aforementioned instances, I had updated my drivers to the latest Nvidia ones.

PratHat

Reputable
Mar 16, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Intel i5 10400f
Zotac RTX 3060 Ti
Cooler Master MWE 650 Bronze V2 Power Supply
Msi H410-M pro
Cooler Master MWE 650 Bronze V2 Power Supply
Crucial P1 500gb
Crucial Ballistix 8GB Ram X2
Deepcool Matrexx 55 Mesh cabinet.

I thought 650 W would be enough for what I have and would be surprised if that was causing the issue.
PS- I've been using the system for 2 years now. No problems until now.

Jan 15, 2023
My bet is slightly loose hdmi or DP cable or, most likely, a driver conflict. Did you do a clean install when updating the gpu driver? Even if you did, the new driver can still have conflicts with the remains of the previously installed ones. Apparently, Nvidia's "clean install" is not 100% clean. So, using DDU in safe mode to remove the old drivers and then installing the new one is the safest way of doing it. On top of that, it is recommended to disconnect your pc from the internet until you install the new driver, cause Windows can interfere while booting up and automatically start installing older drivers before YOU get the chance to do it, potentially introducing another conflict.

Source: JayzTwocents had a video about it. He actually showed the Windows process running in the background. Then after redoing the whole process with the internet unplugged, the GPU gave no more issues.

Reactions: PratHat

PratHat

Reputable
Mar 16, 2021
My bet is slightly loose hdmi or DP cable or, most likely, a driver conflict. Did you do a clean install when updating the gpu driver? Even if you did, the new driver can still have conflicts with the remains of the previously installed ones. Apparently, Nvidia's "clean install" is not 100% clean. So, using DDU in safe mode to remove the old drivers and then installing the new one is the safest way of doing it. On top of that, it is recommended to disconnect your pc from the internet until you install the new driver, cause Windows can interfere while booting up and automatically start installing older drivers before YOU get the chance to do it, potentially introducing another conflict.

Source: JayzTwocents had a video about it. He actually showed the Windows process running in the background. Then after redoing the whole process with the internet unplugged, the GPU gave no more issues.
I haven't had the problem anymore, just those two instances. I have been playing after that and no such problems. If it happens again I will probably follow the steps you have mentioned. Thank you bruv.

PratHat

Reputable
Mar 16, 2021

Okay so I updated my drivers again recently and the issue came back. I watched Jayz video and most probably my issues were with the drivers cause I always install the latest game ready drivers lolz. I have clean installed with the same process that Jay used. Closing this thread for now. Hopefully the issue doesn't reappear in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.