Question No display signal

Oct 11, 2019
Hi everybody,

I recently bought a new PC (1/10-2019) and got everything up and running, mostly anyways... I have two major problems, one larger than the other, so lets start with that.

First problem (major)
At random my XG32V monitor will go to black screen without being turned off. Therefore I am assuming it is the graphics card that has the problem. The screen will say 'no connection' however, i can find the connection in my hardware management when it happens. I have a slight feel, that the problem occurs when the system is under load, but it has happened without that being the case as well, so i am not sure. My second monitor, which runs through the HDMI output works fine in the meantime.
I have tried switching port for my XG32V which runs through a display to minidisplay cable, that turns the screen back on, but it will shut down again after a shorter duration (one or two times have i tried to do that).
I made sure that chipset drivers, gpu drivers, cpu drivers etc. are up to date, and i even re-installed windows, but it still occurs. I have had the machine up and running with no faults for hours, playing games like Satisfactory, which is pretty hard on the GPU i believe. On other occasions the rig has been turned on without any load and the screen-semi-death has happend. It seems to fix it 'better' if i reboot the system. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Second problem (minor - relatively speaking)
My second problem, which I have semi-fixed, is the 'Standard SATA AHCI Controller' updates. I wanted to fully update my computer before starting the actual experience, but as I installed them, though driver-booster, windows wouldn't start anymore. It stalls just before the login-screen.
The fix which works 'wonders', is just not installing them, which is a little hard on me, as i expect new drivers to be there for a reason.

Bonus info
I had a TX550 PSU, which i thought was enough for my rig. It turned out, that that was not the case, as my sound-cards' diode-strip, wouldn't turn on. I initially thought it was the sound-card that was faulty, but a kind salesman aided me there. I was adviced to buy a better PSU, and upgraded to the TX750 today. The new PSU started the strip, but didn't fix the other problems. I am now officially at a loss, and i hope you can help me here.

PC-specs below, if you need more let me know:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9 (AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Wraith Prism CPU - 12 kerner 3.8)
GPU
XR 5700 XT (PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Devil - 8GB GDDR6)
RAM
32,0GB - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 C16 BK DC - 32GB
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING (AM4) 34 °C
Graphics
ASUS XG32V (2560x1440@144Hz)
C27F398 (1920x1080@59Hz)
8176MB ATI AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (C.P. Technology)
Sound card
Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 PCI Express
Storage
Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 2280 - 1TB

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts