[SOLVED] No display to monitor, no power to mouse&keyboard

Jun 12, 2020
Hi all,

so I have been really stressed last few days in lockdown trying to solve an issue that has occurred computer had been working fine until several days ago at start of problem I had
CPU - amd 6100 fx
Mobo - gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3
psu - Corsair 750
Gpu - Zotac GeForce gtx 1060 6gb

so the problem is that I turn on my computer screen stays black displaying no signal I have no power to mouse or keyboard headphones which are plugged into mobo still active. after a lot of research I narrowed it down to the mobo as it’s a really old one and I needed an upgrade so today I got through the post a msi X470 gaming plus and a new cpu the amd ryzen 5 3600 I have plugged it all in and have the same issue, I currently don’t have the DDR4 ram connected as that’s coming tomorrow but I still have the same issue I don’t have any beeps to say that there is no ram connected shouldn’t I still get power to mouse/ keyboard etc, I will try with ram tomorrow when it comes but I have a bad feeling that I’m going to be running into the same issue.

anyone have any ideas on what to do?

ps I did slightly Overclock on the first set up but hardly anything just to see if I got an improvement

Solution
Corsair is the brand while 750 is the wattage. It does not state which series it's from. Include that and the age of the unit as well.

You won't be able to boot up a system/let alone POST without ram in your motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair is the brand while 750 is the wattage. It does not state which series it's from. Include that and the age of the unit as well.

You won't be able to boot up a system/let alone POST without ram in your motherboard.

Solution
Jun 12, 2020
Sorry I had to dig out my box it’s a yearish old as and it is a CX750M

I did some research and saw that would be the issue I was just hoping for an indication that it would still power on my keyboard, mouse and monitor which it is not, obviously I will test again with the new ram in tomorrow when it comes, do you think I am having the same issue? Although I have no ram installed currently it’s the same as before I put in the new parts the light is on on mobo and all fans spin so do you think when I put ram in tomorrow it will start up instead of staying black screen and no power to keyboard/mouse?

Jun 12, 2020
Or maybe it could have just been the ram? I needed a upgrade anyway so as long as it works It’s not a problem is that a common problem if ram is defected? Meaning no display/keyboard & mouse? Just a little confused why the headphones still work if it’s connected to the mobo aswell

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
To start a car you need several basic things. A motor that does run, a battery with juice in it, a starter that turns over and gas in the tank. If you are missing any of those things, car won't start.

How is a motherboard missing its ram any different. You won't know anything until you have everything.

Jun 12, 2020
Thank you that’s pretty obvious stupid of me to ask I am just worried that after spending several hundred that I am going to have the same issue will have to just wait to install ram tomorrow then I will update you all if I still have same issue just one last question until then. Why does keyboard and mouse have no power but headphones do is it to do with them being more powerful than the headphones, have led built in etc as they are razor? Sorry to be stupid just really confused as to why only mouse and keyboard works if it’s all connected to same mobo lol