No display TV to PC using hdmi

Chrisxtian

Honorable
Nov 16, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm trying to set up a connection between my TV and PC. I tried using hdmi but it doesn't display anything. I tried to connect hdmi to the TV and used a hdmi to dvi adaptor on pc and still no display. And since the TV has vga slot i tried that too but same results as the other two. I plugged everything in both board and gpu except vga, that one is just on board. Both PC and TV are working fine so I do not know whats wrong with the set up. And yes, I changed the video source at the TV settings.

TV: Sony Bravia
Mboard: Asus H170 pro gaming
GPU: MSI GTX1060 6gb
RAM: 4x 4gb Corsair Vengeance
SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb
HDD: Caviar Blue Western Digital 1tb

Solution
It might be worth going into settings, external inputs, and seeing if the HDMI port is in enhanced mode or not. if it is in enhanced mode, change it to standard. if it is standard try enhanced. i sometimes have to do this - when i'm switching between 1080p and 4k it crashes and i get no picture from the PC. after switching it to standard i always put it back to enhanced - which results in the tv resetting a couple of times.

hope that helps.

cheers

rustigsmed

Distinguished
It might be worth going into settings, external inputs, and seeing if the HDMI port is in enhanced mode or not. if it is in enhanced mode, change it to standard. if it is standard try enhanced. i sometimes have to do this - when i'm switching between 1080p and 4k it crashes and i get no picture from the PC. after switching it to standard i always put it back to enhanced - which results in the tv resetting a couple of times.

hope that helps.

cheers

Solution