Question No display using hdmi splitter

Apr 2, 2023
Hi guys!

I need your help with this issue. I have a desktop with a dedicated graphics card connected to an HDMI splitter with 2 TV monitors connected to it (HDMI splitter). The problem is that after Windows boot up, both TV monitors cannot detect the input source. But if you disconnect one TV monitor from the HDMI splitter, the other one has output displayed. In other words, it only works if only one monitor is connected to the HDMI splitter. Another thing I noticed is that during boot up, both TV monitors display showing Windows logo but after boot up, it suddenly failed to display.

Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Pass on a link to the splitter you're using. On another note, why are you working with a splitter and not tethering to the GPU with standalone connections?

May 29, 2023
I have a similar issue

When connecting a monitor and a TV via a hdmi splitter to the hdmi output on the 4070ti GPU, the TV/monitor are not recognized. If I connect these TV/monitor separately directly to the GPU hdmi output each one in turn is recognized fine. If I connect one monitor or TV to the splitter, it is also not recognized.

I have 4 screens and a TV, whereas the graphic card only has 4 outputs (4 DP, 1 hdmi), I want to be able to have all 5 connected at the same time, to avoid having to keep plugging in different monitor/tv into the hdmi output every time I want to switch. Mirror image through hdmi output will be fine for me, if I can get it to work that is.

I have tried two separate new hdmi splitters, simple cable setup, no separate power source.
Hope someone has a suggestion!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor
CPU cooler: water cooling + fans
Motherboard: B650 GAMING X AX
Ram:32.0 GB
SSD/HDD: ssd 2TB. HDD 4 TB
GPU:Geforce RTX 4070ti
Monitors:
3 x Samsung F27T 2k
1x LG Ultra HD 4k
1x Samsung UE46C5100 TV