No display when GPU inserted.

Dext89

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
Good Morning,

I am currently working on a new build computer for a friend and I am having a strange issue. When I completed the build and turned the computer on for the first time I was getting "no signal" on the monitor, i tested HDMI, VGA and DVI cables on both the on-board graphics ports and the graphics card ports, "no signal" on all ports with all cables.

So I systematically tested all the hardware by removing each piece and reinserting one by one until I had the "no signal" issue once again. It appears to happen when i insert the GPU into the PCIe slot.

When the graphics card is removed the system boots with no issues using the on-board graphics, but as soon as I insert the graphics card I get "no signal" display on the monitor even though I am still connected to the on-board graphics port. Even when I place the graphics card into the PCIe slot and disconnect it from the PSU i still have the same issue, but then i remove the graphics card completely everything is fine.

Mobo = MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
CPU = Intel i5-4670k
GPU = MSI TWIN FROZR Gaming (GTX 760)
PSU = Corsair CX500

Any ideas, I am stumped :/.

Thanks in advance.

Dext89

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014

I have not tried another gpu yet, I will test that next.

Dext89

Reputable
Sep 7, 2014
OK so I tried using another pcie slot, same issue of no signal, I then swapped the gpu out with another one and it has came on fine. Sooo, the issue has to be the gpu right?