No display when graphics card plugged in

MinhV

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Card: Galaxy Geforce gtx570
PSU: Antec 620W
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V

So I recently reformatted my hard drive and acquired a new OS, but I can't get my graphics card to work. All of the hardware pieces, including the card, are the same from 2 years ago when I bought them.

When I hook up my card into the motherboard, the display completely doesn't work. I can't access my bios or anything. Its just a black screen
-I have connected both 6-pin power connectors
-The fan and lights turn on
-Motherboard plays only 1 beep confirming proper start up
-Light show on the board goes through, (short hang on the VGA but still continues), No lights stay on meaning no problems/malfunctions.
-I do not hear the OS (Win 7 Ultimate) play its melody so I am not sure if it reaches that point, or it does reach that point but the sound card is also undetected so sound cannot be heard

When I remove the card, I can get proper display with sound using the onboard graphics card, but it does not work if I have the external card hooked up.

I can not install drivers since it will not install saying "no compatible card detected," and the only option left is to cancel installation.

I have yet to install the card into another computer to check that it is still working, but I would like to see if there are anyother options available to me.

Solution
I did some research, and sometimes with your motherboard you can have probs with the gpu. Try updating your mobo bios, Im sure you can use the display port on your mobo. Are you using one monitor with your gpu?

MinhV

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
So I plugged my card into my sister's computer with the same results, absolutely no display.

Her computer uses a 660ti and a 600W supply, so it is almost an identical setup.

Does this mean my card is the sole reason and is done for?

MinhV

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Quick update

I verified that everything boots normally and it reaches the OS because I was able to turn off my computer using (windows key, left arrow, enter) which is the shortcut to turn off your computer.

So I know that I am only not getting any sound or visuals from my card.

jammerkPC

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
I did some research, and sometimes with your motherboard you can have probs with the gpu. Try updating your mobo bios, Im sure you can use the display port on your mobo. Are you using one monitor with your gpu?

Solution