Question No display when plugging into mobo..

miketapped10

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Community,

I'm having a few issues with my computer at the moment, the first issue was that when I came in from work and tried to turn on my pc, there was no display whatsoever. I had a display-port cable going from my graphics card into my monitor, and have never had any issues before.

The first thing I thought to do was to plug the cable into my motherboard, to see if that worked. It did, so I knew the monitor or the lead wasn't my issue, it was my graphics card. I removed the GPU and put it back in, to see if that would solve the issues but it didn't help. I left it for a few hours thinking about my options, and I decided to go into my BIOS and turn integrated graphics off. When I hit save and exit my screen went black and the monitor turned off. I now can't get a display from my pc if I have my cable going from my motherboard or my graphics card.

I'm very confused and I have no idea what to do, any help is very appreciated!

Specs;
Z170X Motherboard
i5-6500
GTX 780 6GB
8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz
120gb SSD (OS)
1tb HDD
650w corsair PSU

Mike.

miketapped10

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
reset the bios. so you get get back to using igpu
could be the gpu or psu
Thanks for the reply, I can’t access the BIOS because I can’t see a display from the motherboard or gpu, so do I have to put the BIOS onto a usb and start it that way? I have no idea what to do now that I can’t see the display.