[SOLVED] No display when powering PC

ferminjdiaz29

Prominent
Dec 20, 2018
Please, help!
I really need help with this one, this is a surprise Christmas gift for my son.

Tuesday,
I built a computer for my son.
After i put it together, i went ahead to check and see if it powers on.
I had plugged in the VGA cable from my monitor to his PC (forgetting that the other end of the cord was plugged into my PC).
I heard a small popping sound and nothing turned on.
I unplugged everything and checked all the cords(except the CPU).
So i thought it was the power supply, only to find out that the power supply works fine.
However, i realized that i had the "POWERSW" cord plugged in the wrong spot on the motherboard, so i moved it to the appropriate spot.
Now the computer turns on(haven't checked to see if it displays yet).

Today(Thursday),
Getting ready to install the OS(WIN10 Home), i turned on the computer but nothing is displayed.
Everything is running; CPU fan, HDD, Video Card, and the Power Supply.
I'm not sure if i might've shorted something on the board when i plugged the VGA cable in the wrong way.
Or maybe the spot that i had the POWERSW cord messed something up.

Specs:
CPU-
AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard- ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory- Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage- Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card- MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Video Card
Case- Rosewill - TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply- SeaSonic - 520 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
Try "breadboarding",

Take the parts out of the case,put the motherboard on the box it came in (or another non conductive underground),put one stick of ram in the second slot from the cpu out (A2) and put in the gpu (wil be fine just don't knock the set up). You need to start this by using a screwdriver (or something similar) to contact both pins that are normally used by the power button on the case,just make a short contact between both.

See if you can get into the bios. If you have a motherboard speaker use it as well since the beeps it gives might be helpfull.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Try "breadboarding",

Take the parts out of the case,put the motherboard on the box it came in (or another non conductive underground),put one stick of ram in the second slot from the cpu out (A2) and put in the gpu (wil be fine just don't knock the set up). You need to start this by using a screwdriver (or something similar) to contact both pins that are normally used by the power button on the case,just make a short contact between both.

See if you can get into the bios. If you have a motherboard speaker use it as well since the beeps it gives might be helpfull.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS