Question No display when using DVI-D to VGA adaptor

Jan 6, 2020
Been searching a while in the net for similar problems, but never really got a definitive answer.

I have a ryzen 3 2200g and an MSI a320m-a pro mobo, i then proceeded to build it, then installed the os. But after "Getting Devices Ready" the display went blank.

The pc is still running, the led from the keyboard works. So i pulled it out and tried again, only this time the pc wont get to post. Fan runs, and the led from the peripherals is lit.

But i can go to post when using my old gpu tho. I use an active dvi-d to vga adaptor without any external power whatsoever. aMaybe that's the culprit? I can't even see the vega 8 driver in my display adapters. What do i do now? I'm at a loss here

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Old GPU? You forgot to mention that. In fact, please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

It'd be a good idea if you could get a hold of a display that has HDMI input. Are you able to get into BIOS? See if removing the CMOS battery and then replacing after 15 mins allows you to get to BIOS screen.

Jan 6, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Old GPU? You forgot to mention that. In fact, please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
OS

It'd be a good idea if you could get a hold of a display that has HDMI input. Are you able to get into BIOS? See if removing the CMOS battery and then replacing after 15 mins allows you to get to BIOS screen.
Oh sorry, Forgot to actually include that.

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard: Msi A320m-a Pro
Ram: Single Channel 8gb ram
SSD/HDD: Wdc HDD 320gb
GPU: Radeon Hd 2400 (The one I use atm) but will switch to the integrated gpu my cpu has
PSU: Corsair VS450
Chassis: Some Random junk my friend gave me. It's named neutron (It is micro atx )
I'm looking at some used monitors and been eying for a 19' but it only has a support for vga and DVI-D. I already removed the CMOS. Booted using the adaptor plugged into the motherboard but no avail. I can get into the BIOS even on the system os just by using the old gpu. I don't really intend on using the old one as it's <Mod Edit> and the igpu from ryzen is waaaaaaay better. But the problem is that the pc won't let me get to post screen when i use the adaptor with the mobo. What do you think? Is it because of the adaptor? and my current monitor only supports vga cause it's really really old

Oh, and thanks for having me here. Hope i can help someone in my stay here hehe

Last edited by a moderator: