Question no display with amd gpu

Oct 18, 2023
i just bought a new pc, and when i plugged everything together there was no display.
i tested it on 3 different monitors and my hdmi cable works just fine. i took the pc to a professional and he said that my motherboard has a BIOS problem. so he reinstalled the bios, installed win 11 and drivers with a nvidia gpu, and he said that my i3 10100f and amd radeon rx580 aren't compatible.
he tested it with 2 other amd gpus, and none of them worked, but it worked just fine with a nvidia geforce gt 1030
so basically i can use nvidia but not amd
any suggestion on what i should do?
my build:
core i3 10100f
asus prime h510m-a
amd radeon rx 580
my psu is a good iranian brand, with 600w of power

What mode are your BIOS in Legacy or UEFI.
AMD 400 series and above are all UEFI based and only support Legacy via CSM

What is CSM legacy mode?

What Is CSM Support & Should I Enable It in BIOS? [Answered ...

CSM, also known as Compatibility Support Module, is a component of the UEFI firmware, which provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used

Oct 18, 2023
What mode are your BIOS in Legacy or UEFI.
AMD 400 series and above are all UEFI based and only support Legacy via CSM

What is CSM legacy mode?

What Is CSM Support & Should I Enable It in BIOS? [Answered ...

CSM, also known as Compatibility Support Module, is a component of the UEFI firmware, which provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used
i don't know which mode my BIOS is in because

Last edited by a moderator:
i just bought a new pc, and when i plugged everything together there was no display.
i tested it on 3 different monitors and my hdmi cable works just fine. i took the pc to a professional and he said that my motherboard has a BIOS problem. so he reinstalled the bios, installed win 11 and drivers with a nvidia gpu, and he said that my i3 10100f and amd radeon rx580 aren't compatible.
If he said that, then he's clearly a liar. Everybody with even half of a brain knows that you can use ANY Radeon (AMD), Arc (Intel) or GeForce (nVidia) video card with any x86-type CPU from AMD, Intel or VIA.
he tested it with 2 other amd gpus, and none of them worked, but it worked just fine with a nvidia geforce gt 1030
so basically i can use nvidia but not amd
any suggestion on what i should do?
You should immediately go to a real professional and never do business with this liar again.
my build:
core i3 10100f
asus prime h510m-a
amd radeon rx 580
my psu is a good iranian brand, with 600w of power
I cannot comment on the PSU because I don't know anything about PSUs from Iran. I can say that I can see no reason why your RX 580 won't work unless the card itself is dead. It should just plug in and go. That "professional" lied to you when he said that the i3-10100f isn't compatible with Radeon cards and anyone here would agree with me 100%.

Last edited:
Reactions: Order 66

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
If he said that, then he's clearly a liar. Everybody with even half of a brain knows that you can use ANY Radeon (AMD), Arc (Intel) or GeForce (nVidia) video card

You should immediately go to a real professional and never do business with this liar again.

I cannot comment on the PSU because I don't know anything about PSUs from Iran. I can say that I can see no reason why your RX 580 won't work unless the card itself is dead. It should just plug in and go. That "professional" lied to you when he said that the i3-10100f isn't compatible with Radeon cards and anyone here would agree with me 100%.
I agree, but it still doesn’t explain the fact that none of the other AMD gpus worked as well.

Reactions: Avro Arrow
I agree, but it still doesn’t explain the fact that none of the other AMD gpus worked as well.
I honestly don't know what the problem is because I've used exclusively Radeon cards since 2008 and I used my first ATi card twenty years prior to that (in 1988). If you ask the question "Is a Radeon GPU compatible with an i3-13100f CPU?" in the forums, I can guarantee you that every answer will be "Of course!".

I have encountered situations where an RX 580 wouldn't work with a non-UEFI BIOS but an Intel 10th-gen will definitely have a UEFI BIOS because it was already used in every motherboard for several generations before the 10th-gen was released.

There's a guy on TPU named eidairaman1 who really knows his stuff when it comes to Polaris video cards (RX 4xx and RX 5xx). I would seek an answer from him if I were you.

Last edited:

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
I honestly don't know what the problem is because I've used exclusively Radeon cards since 2008 and I used my first ATi card twenty years prior to that (in 1988). If you ask the question "Is a Radeon GPU compatible with an i3-13100f CPU?" in the forums, I can guarantee you that every answer will be "Of course!".
I know it seems impossible (statistically) but maybe all the other AMD GPUs were also dead.

Reactions: Avro Arrow
I know it seems impossible (statistically) but maybe all the other AMD GPUs were also dead.
Yeah, it could be, especially if they all belonged to that crook who was trying to convince the OP that Radeon cards are incompatible with Intel CPUs. That's why I gave the link to eidairaman1. From what I've seen, there's nothing that he doesn't know about Polaris cards.

TRENDING THREADS