[SOLVED] No display with GTX 1070 FTW ?

regret123

Honorable
Oct 14, 2015
Had my system working fine. Joined military and shipped it out to first base- mobo kinda broke, but it all still worked fine. Shipped it to second base, no display coming up. Replaced the mobo to an Asus Prime Z390-A, and still no display. Verified the monitor works via hdmi with my laptop, so not a monitor issue. Tried all three DP's and hdmi on the gfx card, no display. Tried both on the mobo, no display. Everything lights up correctly, seems to be on just fine and running, have to hold the power to turn off so its past BIOS. At this point, thinking the gfx card may have broke upon shipping it that second time. Input appreciated. Don't want to replace if it's not broken (gfx card prices these days, amiright?) but am assuming thats the issue

Unrelated to gfx card- don't seem to be getting any usb power from the ports, whether from the back or from the one on top of my case ?

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
when you first built it?

You will need to breadboard the system to diagnose if you're dealing with a short in the case(likely due to all the battering) or if your ports are faulty/failing.

regret123

Honorable
Oct 14, 2015
Can you please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
when you first built it?

You will need to breadboard the system to diagnose if you're dealing with a short in the case(likely due to all the battering) or if your ports are faulty/failing.
CPU: intel i7
Motherboard: asus z390-a, brand new
Ram: viper, 8gig x2
SSD/HDD: samsung m.2, samsung 970 ssd, seagate hdd
GPU: Evga geforce 1070 ftw
PSU: 1000w
Chassis: NZXT H510, the case is brand new bouht after the shipment, replaced along with the mobo
When you first built it? 4ish years ago

Breadboard?

edit- my monitor does wake up, as if it knows something is attached when i turn on the computer, but it remains "DP No Display"

Last edited:
Had my system working fine. Joined military and shipped it out to first base- mobo kinda broke, but it all still worked fine. Shipped it to second base, no display coming up. Replaced the mobo to an Asus Prime Z390-A, and still no display. Verified the monitor works via hdmi with my laptop, so not a monitor issue. Tried all three DP's and hdmi on the gfx card, no display. Tried both on the mobo, no display. Everything lights up correctly, seems to be on just fine and running, have to hold the power to turn off so its past BIOS. At this point, thinking the gfx card may have broke upon shipping it that second time. Input appreciated. Don't want to replace if it's not broken (gfx card prices these days, amiright?) but am assuming thats the issue

Unrelated to gfx card- don't seem to be getting any usb power from the ports, whether from the back or from the one on top of my case ?

When you tried using the motherboard ports, did you remove the video card? If not, do that, if no video even then, it's not the card.

Hello,
Your i7 (8700?) should have integrated graphics.
Try attaching your monitor with HDMI to the onboard gfx port and boot. First without the dedicated gpu, then (if it boots) with it attached and post the results.
On the second boot, if it boots up, visit the device manager and look for your dedicated gpu.

P.S I mailed a system overseas and they broke a GPU, had to use postal insurance to get the money back.

Last edited:

regret123

Honorable
Oct 14, 2015
Hello,
Your i7 (8700?) should have integrated graphics.
Try attaching your monitor with HDMI to the onboard gfx port and boot. First without the dedicated gpu, then (if it boots) with it attached and post the results.
On the second boot, if it boots up, visit the device manager and look for your dedicated gpu.

P.S I mailed a system overseas and they broke a GPU, had to use postal insurance to get the money back.
tried both, no display from the mobo with the gfx card removed either

regret123

Honorable
Oct 14, 2015
Any POST beeps/codes? Any other signs of life?
No BEEPS/signs of life - check PSU and inspect motherboard for physical damage
if i boot without ram, it beeps. otherwise, no beeps. i did check the psu, and mobo (mobo brand new anyways)
is it possible the new mobo might have broke again on second transit? causing some part of the mobo not working? like the usb and the gpu?
the new mobo was bought after the second move, not prior, so doubtful it was damaged by amazon. i dont believe its the gpu, as i get new video from the mobo with gfx card removed