No display with hdmi tv

lowcountrysmoke

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
Hey all, I have been using an old gateway2000 vivitron vga monitor from the 90's for a few months and recently decided to switch to a toshiba 720p hdmi tv until i have enough money for a true 'gaming monitor.'

So I hooked up my tv with the hdmi and i am having problems getting my pc to display in normal boot. I am currently in safe mode typing this and whenever i try to boot up normally the tv just remains black. If i shut it all off and restart computer i get the flash screen and then can either f8 into safe mode or it reamins black after that. Even if i try to get into bios during flash screen it beeps then wont display bios. I re-installed my graphics card drivers just to make sure and same thing happens. What could be wrong? It seems to me that it is a driver problem or there is a vga option still locked on my computer but idk. I looked through bios using my old vga monitor and everything looks right. Im completely lost...can anyone help me?

*note: I did disable my gpu driver in device manager and enabled my onboard cpu graphics and was able to boot up just fine. Only when i disable onboard and enable my gpu does the screen not display...

Using a TV as a monitor has a couple of issues. A PC monitor, negotiates with the PC quite often, where a TV tends to do it once, and stays in that mode. I use HDMI to connect to my monitor for HTPC, and notice sometimes it is required to power off/power on the TV to "renegotiate" with the PC. Each GPU and each TV add a wrinkle to the equation...

lowcountrysmoke

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
i just plugged pc up to my big screen samsung 1080p and it works, this tv is massive and is way to big for everyday use and league of legends is impossible to play.. im still trying to figure this out..