[SOLVED] No display with onboard graphics

xandor123

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
To preface, this is the first time I've attempted to put together a build without a graphics card, instead relying on onboard graphics to do their thing, so I may have messed something up.

My motherboard is an ASRock AB350M-HDV paired with an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G.

I've tried plugging in via HDMI and DVI and nothing shows up on the monitor, so I can't even get to the point of installing an OS.

Help?

Solution
No, if your B350 motherboard has a BIOS that doesn't support a 3000 series CPU then it still won't POST because it won't recognize the CPU.
Your cheapest option is to take it to a local PC shop and have them update the BIOS for you.
Or you can buy an Athlon 200GE to install to update the BIOS yourself.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
No, if your B350 motherboard has a BIOS that doesn't support a 3000 series CPU then it still won't POST because it won't recognize the CPU.
Your cheapest option is to take it to a local PC shop and have them update the BIOS for you.
Or you can buy an Athlon 200GE to install to update the BIOS yourself.

Solution
Okay, so buy myself an Athlon 200GE, install that, download BIOS 2.10 for this mobo, install that, pop the 3400G back in and it should all just work?
You'll need BIOS version P5.90 for 3400G support(not 2.10).
If your current BIOS is older than P3.40, then you have to update to P3.40 first, then to P5.50 and only then to P5.90.
Also install AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL before doing BIOS update.

Reactions: DMAN999