[SOLVED] Resolved - No Display X299 AORUS

Jan 21, 2021
Update: I removed 4 of the 8 sticks on one side of the motherboard and it booted up fine. Look like I need a new motherboard.

I'm trying to help a friend out with their computer. The problem is that there is no display after turning it on.

System76 Leopard WS leow9.
X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming Pro
ballistix 128GB
10TB SATA
PSU: Corsair RM850 ATX (80 Plus Gold)

I've tried 4 different graphic cards and none of them work with either an HDMI or VGA connection. I also tested 2 different monitors and no luck.

mb image with red light

Last edited:
Solution
I'd disconnect the hard drive entirely, drop down to a single RAM stick until you can get a successful POST...

Some X299 CPUs have healthy power draws...so assume required 1 or 2 each ATX12V CPU 8 pin(s) are connected from PSU? As no CPU was listed, it is hard to speculate. (We will assume you for sure already know the mainboard is useless with no CPU installed)

Did this rig ever work previously?
I'd disconnect the hard drive entirely, drop down to a single RAM stick until you can get a successful POST...

Some X299 CPUs have healthy power draws...so assume required 1 or 2 each ATX12V CPU 8 pin(s) are connected from PSU? As no CPU was listed, it is hard to speculate. (We will assume you for sure already know the mainboard is useless with no CPU installed)

Solution
Jan 21, 2021

Thanks, removing 4 of the 8 ram sticks worked. It looks like a motherboard issue.