Sep 6, 2018
So I bought new ram and put them in and they were different speeds than the old ones and now Im starting up with the old ones and there's no display. I've checked the placement of ram stick, I took out the GPU and put it back in, the monitor still says ' no input signal' but each time that I put the cable into the port, the monitor starts up like it's going to show picture but it just gives up. The monitor is ok, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What is your full system spec including PSU make and model?

So to get this right, did you buy new RAM, replace the old RAM and have no display?
And now when you put the old RAM back in, you also get no display?
Would need some info on what exactly you have done and what you have tried.

Sep 6, 2018
What is your full system spec including PSU make and model?

So to get this right, did you buy new RAM, replace the old RAM and have no display?
And now when you put the old RAM back in, you also get no display?
Would need some info on what exactly you have done and what you have tried.
I don't remember the specs of the PSU but it is 500 w
Ryzen 3 2200g
Gtx 1060 3gb
B450 Bazooka plus mobo.

And to answer your question, I've tried putting them together to have 16 GB, didn't work. Then to check out if they were faulty, I put one by one. And now I try putting back my old ones in, nothings happening

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
And they all worked individually? So do you get a display if you install just one module in the slot as per your motherboard manual?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
Being as you have integrated graphics, have you tried removing the GPU and running off integrated?

Sep 6, 2018
And they all worked individually? So do you get a display if you install just one module in the slot as per your motherboard manual?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
Being as you have integrated graphics, have you tried removing the GPU and running off integrated?
I don't know if they do. Because no display is shown. And yes I have the lastest bios installed. It was working perfectly like and hour ago. And no I have not tried to run it on Integrated GPU

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I don't know if they do. Because no display is shown. And yes I have the lastest bios installed. It was working perfectly like and hour ago. And no I have not tried to run it on Integrated GPU
Reset CMOS ( Completely unplug PC from outlet, remove CMOS battery for 1 min, then put back in)
Try each RAM module individually, in each slot, and see if you get any display.
Remove the GPU and try to run on integrated graphics and see if you get any signal.

So the display did come on when you initially installed the RAM, but then after some time you suddenly stopped getting a display?
Depending on what happens, the make and model of the PSU may be important.

Sep 6, 2018
Reset CMOS ( Completely unplug PC from outlet, remove CMOS battery for 1 min, then put back in)
Try each RAM module individually, in each slot, and see if you get any display.
Remove the GPU and try to run on integrated graphics and see if you get any signal.

So the display did come on when you initially installed the RAM, but then after some time you suddenly stopped getting a display?
Depending on what happens, the make and model of the PSU may be important.
Hi, so ive tried running it with my integrated gpu. It still isn't working