[SOLVED] No display

Jan 22, 2021
Hi guys, sorry if I've done anything wrong with this post first of all as I'm on phone and not used to this forum

I've recently built my first pc and I just got my gpu, but when I run it nothing happens no display output whatsoever
My specs are
Ryzen 5 3600x (second hand)
Gtx 1660 super (second hand)
Corsair vengeance 3300mhz ram 16gb two sticks
Msi b450m pro VDH max
Evga 600w gold psu

The cpu gets hot however on my mobo both the cpu and ram warning lights come on.i assume the problem is with the cpu and my gut feeling is to return and refund it and buy another
I can attack pics if u guys want, could the ram light be caused by the cpu at all?
I also have a m.2 nvme 1tb installed
EDIT:my cpu arrived with a bent pin too so it's highly likely that that's the cause but I'm just confused about the ram light too

Solution
About the ram does this mean I need to get a slower ram, I didn't think this would stop it from working I just didn't think the ram would be able to run at it's maximum speed
On amazon, it says it supports up to 3466mhz ram also
MSI B450M Pro-VHD MAX - Motherboard Specifications Page
For AMD Ryzen Gen3 (R5/R7/R9)
  • Supports 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466/ 3733/ 3866 MHz (by A-XMP OC MODE
I see nothing here about DDR4-3300

While the main issue is likely due to the bent pin on the processor, RAM Speed may also be an issue.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Did you connect the PCIE power cable from the power supply to the graphics card?
Are you connecting the monitor to the graphics card output and not the motherboard output?
You mention the CPU getting hot. Do you have a CPU Cooler installed?
Checking the specs page, I'm not seeing that DDR4-3300 RAM is supported.

-Wolf sends

Jan 22, 2021
Did you connect the PCIE power cable from the power supply to the graphics card?
Are you connecting the monitor to the graphics card output and not the motherboard output?

-Wolf sends
Yeah power is installed as the rgb on the gpu comes on, the cpu cooler is plugged in but I hadn't actually mounted it for the ease of correcting parts of the pc so i just rested it on top of the case.
About the ram does this mean I need to get a slower ram, I didn't think this would stop it from working I just didn't think the ram would be able to run at it's maximum speed

Jan 22, 2021

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
MSI B450M Pro-VHD MAX - Motherboard Specifications Page
For AMD Ryzen Gen3 (R5/R7/R9)
  • Supports 2667/ 2800/ 2933/ 3000/ 3066/ 3200/ 3466/ 3733/ 3866 MHz (by A-XMP OC MODE
I see nothing here about DDR4-3300

While the main issue is likely due to the bent pin on the processor, RAM Speed may also be an issue.

-Wolf sends

Solution