[SOLVED] No DPI button on the best mouse, Logitech G Pro X Superlight!?

Samduhman

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2016
I must have missed the bus when this changed because I was told many years ago from many PC gaming magazines and PC/Hardware gaming forums you had to have a DPI button when playing a FPS so you could switch from a rifle/auto/etc to a lower DPI when using a sniper rifle.

Now, according to sources such as rocketjumpninja, dave2D and other reviewers, they are saying the G Pro X Superlight is one of the top FPS gaming mice.

So is the DPI button no longer a required feature and if not how are your pulling off those difficult sniper shots at high DPI?

Solution
well, the superlight is well, the superlight. It is the most stripped down version of a mouse they can manage.
Not everyone cares for DPI changes.
Not every game is an FPS, and not every player that plays an FPS changes dpi on the fly.
In most games, the sensitivity changes when you scope in, and if not, you naturally move your hand less.
well, the superlight is well, the superlight. It is the most stripped down version of a mouse they can manage.
Not everyone cares for DPI changes.
Not every game is an FPS, and not every player that plays an FPS changes dpi on the fly.
In most games, the sensitivity changes when you scope in, and if not, you naturally move your hand less.

Solution
Also that feature may not be useful to everyone. As you point out, the most often used use-case is to change DPI on temporarily when using a sniper rifle and in ADS. But how many times are you actually using a sniper rifle?

Also as mentioned before, a lot of games these days let you change the sensitivity when you ADS separately from normal mouse look.

Samduhman

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2016
Also that feature may not be useful to everyone. As you point out, the most often used use-case is to change DPI on temporarily when using a sniper rifle and in ADS. But how many times are you actually using a sniper rifle?

Also as mentioned before, a lot of games these days let you change the sensitivity when you ADS separately from normal mouse look.

I am constantly changing DPI in BFV. I'll give the superlight a try. If it doesn't work I'll move it on. I'll look up ADS, I've never heard of it.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS