no driver for usb and ethernet

czcina

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012
Need help! Got my new computer build, its working and all but I don't have cd/dvd to install drivers. External cd/dvd (usb powered) not working cos I don't have drivers?
So long story short I have no drivers for ethernet or usb and I'm stuck, any idea what can I do? Either to get my ethernet working or at least my usb...

Thank You

Solution
Get your Ethernet working.
Go to the motherboard website and download the network drivers for your motherboard, using another computer. Pop that onto a usb stick and install from there. Once you have Ethernet working, your system can do updates and hopefully find the drivers you need.
It is possible that your optical drive requires additional drivers which is why it is not currently working.
Get your Ethernet working.
Go to the motherboard website and download the network drivers for your motherboard, using another computer. Pop that onto a usb stick and install from there. Once you have Ethernet working, your system can do updates and hopefully find the drivers you need.
It is possible that your optical drive requires additional drivers which is why it is not currently working.

Solution

czcina

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2012
This is ridiculous!
How come my keyboard and mouse (corsair) are both working thru usb but anything else not????
I went to the shop and bought external dvd cos I thought that if mouse/keyboard is working dvd would too, wrong