Question No drivers at all

Jul 19, 2019
I installed windows 7 via CD and everything was okay but I noticed that I haven't any drivers except DVD driver (it hasn't Ethernet driver I prayed to find Ethernet driver at least but...) so I tried to install network driver in another pc the first time I did it and searched for the one for my laptop and tried to setup but it didn't work it said windows unable to connect so I guessed this is the wrong one whatever the second time I tried to copy the driver file (new one) to my cd and put it in my laptop nothing appeared there is no files!
Why did it happen?
In the first time it was okay

And I have a question!
The drivers to be found or not is it depends on the windows version I have or what? I don't understand when I was using windows 10 it had all drivers But when I tried many versions of windows 7 it hasn't I even downloaded iso from websites and it's the same!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What laptop is it? Need to go to their website for lan drivers as Win7 is probably too old for your laptop and it doesn't know what devices it has.

In regards to cd, either the cd isnt rewritable or the burn wasn't closed off. Use a usb stick instead to transfer files, is much easier.

If we can get lan drivers working and windows activated then run Ms updates.

Jul 19, 2019
What laptop is it? Need to go to their website for lan drivers as Win7 is probably too old for your laptop and it doesn't know what devices it has.

In regards to cd, either the cd isnt rewritable or the burn wasn't closed off. Use a usb stick instead to transfer files, is much easier.

If we can get lan drivers working and windows activated then run Ms updates.
It's lenovo ideapad 110
USB doesn't work either no driver
So will windows 8 work with it?
I think there is something with the network in my laptop ... Maybe yes or maybe not
When I tried to install Linux ( mint Linux and MX Linux ) the network doesn't work with both of them or is it another problem?

Jul 19, 2019
Looks like your laptop only has usb3 which Win7 won't recognise natively without drivers. Win10 does however it has native support. Win8 has no driver support.

Here are drivers. Under network there are options for Win 7 & 10.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/au/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/100-series/110-15ibr/downloads

If you can get the Win 7 lan driver installed then the rest you can download.
I will try but the first thing I did when I get this laptop was installing windows 8.1 and it was working perfectly?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Better off returning to it, won't need to reactivate.

Jul 19, 2019
Better off returning to it, won't need to reactivate.

I think that what I will do anyway thank you

Reactions: boju