No Drivers Found on Dell Latitude 7280

May 4, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I have installed a new copy of Windows 7 Professional on my laptop using a bootable usb. I can see the windows is booting up fine but there are no drivers installed on the laptop and neither of the USB ports are working. Any suggestions on how i can install drivers on the laptop?

Many Thanks

What is the brand and model of your laptop? Are there drivers for Windows 7 on manufacturer' website?

It is normal for Windows not to have drivers for each and every laptop in the world, but it is unusual not to recognize USB ports.

When you open Device Manager, what devices don't have drivers?

I will assume your Dell Latitude 7280 is booting but you mean usb, and other peripherals like mouse, network card/wifi are not working because you dont have a loaded driver for your laptop?

if you have access to another computer, look for the laptop product code label, using the label inside the battery (remove laptop battery and look inside case there) for the dell product code, and goto www.dell.com, download the drivers for your product code for the internet (network devices wifi) and just install that one. (probably will have to use a cdrom cd-r disk) and then get on the internet back to the dell web site, and download all missing drivers left needed to be done.

May 4, 2018

Hi,

Its Dell Latitude 7280. I can download all the drivers from the manufacturers website but how do i install it on the laptop. I can use any usb or external dvd drive. Only keyboard is working on the laptop even the tracpad isn't working.

May 4, 2018

Hi,

Yes nothing is working on the laptop. I can only see the keyboard working not even the trackpad is working. I have tried an external DVD driver and that doesn't work either.