No Drivers - Fresh Install

Remington_XL

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2014
So I am usually pretty savvy when it comes to troubleshooting issues.

This one has me stumped. I work for an ambulance company and our GM purchased a few refurbished motion pro tablets for crews. the first showed up, wiped, fresh install of windows 7. They come to me asking why it doesn't work. Wont connect to the internet, bla bla bla. so after digging around I realize the tablet has absolutely no drivers, nothing. so I grab the model number and a thumb drive, download the zip full of drivers from the manufacture. plug it into the sole USB port on the tablet... Nothing... USB Stick isnt being recognized. It has no clue one is plugged in. so I plug in a keyboard, mouse nothing, so then I wonder if theres an issue with the port. but there isnt... Nothing works. There are no drivers. The OS has no clue how to use its hardware. and I have no clue how to get them onto the Tablet if it wont recognize an external storage. So i purchased an MSATA to USB and took the hard drive out and have it in my desk top, hoping I can just install the drivers that way and place it back in the tablet. I see the drive but it is just system reserved. any software to access the drive, or any other tips anyone can think of...

Much appreciated

There should be some ports on that system that are active even on the basic Windows 7, unless they used some obscure controller. No USB ports work?

I have had systems where only one USB port worked and I had to use a USB hub. Are the tablets encrypted or anything? You may need to contact wherever he bought these things from to find out how to make them work.