No drivers fresh windows 8 install I'm clueless

markmarkmar

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I've just bought a gaming PC, inserted windows 8 disc and after product key I go to custom install where there are no drivers to choose from.

I removed win 8 disc with mobo disc which didn't work and then I tried evga disc which also didn't work.

I don't know what to do now, any help would be appreciated.

Solution

Yes that will work, but it is better to insert the DVD that came with your new computer. If you do...
Go to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the drivers from there. Do not go to any generic "driver download" website.

To find out what make motherboard you have run "SPECCY" (not sure whether it will run in the present state of your computer). Take the side panel out and check the make and model of the motherboard.

You mentioned EVGA. Here is where you download drivers for EVGA - http://www.evga.com/support/download/

markmarkmar

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

The pc i have is completely new so do I go to another pc and download the drivers onto a usb then upload that to my pc when it gets to the "where to install windows" part in the drivers bit.

Yes that will work, but it is better to insert the DVD that came with your new computer. If you do not have one, call up the computer manufacturer and request one. You are the customer and they should not make this difficult for you.

Solution