[SOLVED] No drivers message when I load a game

jaytwonine02

Commendable
Apr 2, 2018
So I bought a used Msi radeon rx 570 8gb on offerup (used) and the guy told me it worked and everything and we talked for a bit so I trusted him. I got home and put the gpu into my pc to test it out and everything was fine until I tried downloading the drivers. I went to amd's website to download the drivers for windows 10 64 bit and when the download finished it wouldn't let me open up amd radeon software.

I had a gtx 1070 in my system before so does this and the nvidia geforce have anything to do with it? (I wouldn't think that has anything to do with it)

The previous owner told me that the card came overclocked so I might have to flash reset the bios or the actual gpu or something along those lines. I also tried updating the drivers through device manager, and even disabling the device and re downloading the drivers but nothing seems to work. Everytime I try to open up radeon software it says "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not funcitoning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware."

What could be wrong ?

Solution
Shouldn't be having issues running DDU in safe mode. Check you've installed it correctly, possibly right clicking the DDU app and run as administrator.

jaytwonine02

Commendable
Apr 2, 2018
Try run Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode and wipe drivers, restart to normal Windows and try again.

If you don't mind me asking, why the GPU change? Did something happen to the 1070? Because 570 is a downgrade.
The 1070 is the gpu I use for my personal gaming pc, but my stepbrother needed a new gpu and i got him the rx 570 and wanted to test it before I gave it to him. Also how do I do what you told me to do run display drriver in safe mode.

jaytwonine02

Commendable
Apr 2, 2018
Install DDU
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Boot to safe mode and run the program. There's an option in the recovery section in Windows 10 to boot straight to safe mode if you have fast boot enabled. Otherwise, pressing F8 repeatedly soon after Bios screen should give you the option as well.

DDU will ask to restart after it's done then try install driver.
Do I used DDU after I boot to safe mode and do everything you told me or do I use it before?