No email notification

CompuTronix

Intel Master
To the powers that be;

I have not recieved any email notifications from the numerous threads which I've posted answers on since September 24th. :ouch: Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I've logged out and in a few times, dis-abled and re-enabled my profile email setting, cleared my IE browser cache, cookies and the whole barrel of monkeys, deleted temporary files from every obscure folder, re-booted, defragged, sent Bill Gates a check, and sacrificed a virgin on an Antec 900 to the thermal Gods ... all for naught! :pt1cable: I still have blue flags, but no email notifications! :heink:

The only remaining item I can think of that I haven't yet tried is "Reset discussion tracking" out of fear that I'll lose the only remaining way I have to track my posts. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. :D

Comp :sol:

P.S. I guess that I'll have to check back with you! :cry:

justinblue

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Hey,

This happened to another user before then, all of a sudden, they started working again.

Are any other users on here not receiving notifications?

Justin

I was bombarded by thread emails that were unstoppable a while ago. Changing the forum options didn't do a thing - then all of a sudden the emails stopped. I think it has something to do with the forum options panel, because I just re-enabled my signature showing for the third time in a few weeks, and it keeps disabling itself.

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
^ It happens to me a lot more often..
^^^ Try using the "Post reply" button not the "Quick reply"... Or just enable them manually... This will only work if the notifications weren't valid since the day you came here....

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Sorry! It's just that your info says

So i didn't take it seriously!
Try manually enabling the notifications.. Wait for the "e-mail notification has been successfully activated!" message and immediately hit the same button from the previous page while the page is still loading.. It worked for me!

Medo

CompuTronix

Intel Master

What didn't you take seriously?

(Tried your suggestion, so let's see if I receive a notification).

CompuTronix

Intel Master

There are many long-time members who have this same incept date, which was the result of a software [strike]screw up[/strike] upgrade in June `07.

If you're refering to my APPRENTICE :fou: ranking, I'm among a handful who were [strike]screwed[/strike] re-classified :pfff: by the new ranking system. :heink:

And no, I wasn't notified of your post, but it was worth a try, thank you. :sol:

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I didn't mean your ranking "APPRENTICE" as I'm made my "Regular" in 2 months! And i only need another 1300 points for the "Veteran" ranking! I hope they don't make an update when i reach it :lol:
I noticed the * Joined : Tue Jan 01, 1970 thing with a lot of members so i just decided not to rely on the info thing..
Have you changed your main email address after you joined? (3 years is a lot of time!) And was the notification system functioning when you first joined and tolerated it till now or is it a new bug?
Edit| Also visit http://www.tomshardware.com/membres/?action=manageProfile&section=forumOptions And make sure that Automatic email notification field is set to Yes.... |---

(Sorry for language)
Medo

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Here's a hint from my opening post:
I've had the same email address for many years, and no email glitches until September 24th.

2 months and you're almost veteran? I've been here I-don't-know-how-long and am only getting to that stage; the ratio of your posts/points is ridiculous compared to mine and Compu's. I thought I got out pretty well off by the new ranking system, but geez.

randomizer

Champion
Remember that in that 2 months all of his posts are worth 4 points. Posts made prior to the points system are not worth 4 points, but some number we could never work out. I had only 2k points at the time of the switch, but now my points:post ratio is almost 1:1.

Side note: Becoming a veteran is easy. After that it's all uphill.

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
@Computrix Have you checked the "Forum options" ??
^^ First.. You have more points than me! (I'm not considering the time here)
At the start i opened like 2 threads then another 4 and this wasn't a pleasing experience as I've been flamed instead of being answered and 2 of them have been 100% moded :(
Also of what helped me is the best answer as i stay with the thread starter till he got everything answered (google is my friend by the way!) and after like 4 days an email is sent to him to remind him of choosing the best answer and i get it! Every best answer is (40+ points) and i got like 8 of them and waiting for the bronze 2!
I didn't know there was a system change because i only got the ADSL line 3 months ago...
The medals is what i need now :p
@randomizer How is your post/point ratio is like 20/19 ?!!
I thought that moderators are part of the site team and not a hardly afforded rank! Please correct me here...
@randomizer again! Can you please re size your sig a bit.. (smaller!) Because it's.... Just re size it.. Okay! And what happened to My logic is undeniable?! It was very good and you got it before me!

Medo

I have also had the same problem. I know my e-mail is valid, and my isp is not blocking them, or at least it does not go into my junk mail folder. I don't know the exact date it started, but the Sept 24 date that computronix mentioned seems about right.

I think some investigation by the forum tech crew is in order.

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
^ I'm sorry but i can't get this exact sentence I know Comp really wants this fixed! Please explain...
@computrix.. Did you check the link i posted earlier for the forum options?

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Ah! So @computrix.. I see you here online.. If you're reading this post please check the link in my (before-previous) post..
@randomizer.. Thanks for the sig thing (though it's a little smaller than i thought you would make it!) Try your My logic is undeniable again and I'll PM you a suitable graphics job! (Sorry but I'll keep the better one for my self later ;) )

Medo

randomizer

Champion
I am now, except its the opposite problem. I'm getting notifications for threads that don't have new replies, including PMs. In one case the "widget" at the top of the right column that shows threads with new replies had a thread which had no new replies but no matter how many times I viewed the thread it remained listed as having new replies. I ended up having to remove the flag to stop it showing up.

EDIT: I discovered that the aforementioned thread has a last post by a spammer who has had all their posts removed along with a ban. Such posts still show up in the "last post" column of a forum, but you can't view them so it is still considered unread.