No email notification

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
One of the problems you can have is ISP related. For example one the US's largest ISP's (Cablevision - optonline.net will bounce any e-mail received from THG. According to them, one of the hops that the e-mails get routed through is in the US Database of Known Spammers. Since they system blocks any traffic from anyone on that list, I can not receive e-mails from THG on my regular ISP account. I have to use a web site based account and even though such is provided by the same ISP, this works.

So if the anyone on the hop list when you run a tracert is in this database, e-mail from THG is not going to happen if your ISP adopts this system of "protection".

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Jack,

I've checked with my ISP (Comcast) and I was assured that nothing is amiss.

Thanks for the info.

Comp :sol:
Justin,

Any updates from our star developer at BoM?

Thanks,

Comp :sol:

Justin,

Seriously we need this fixed. I had the Email flooding problem and I got so pissed off that I no longer receive email notifications as I turned it off. Also, kind of off topic, but the "Voted for Best Answer" emails come like 2 weeks late.

Btw, WHO are the Devs/Webmasters? I'd like them to speak here DIRECTLY.

Like I said, I think it's an issue with the entire user preferences panel. The settings there seem to change themselves/resist change whenever I try to. My sig never shows up anymore, I get on and off emails, my profile changes won't save...

CompuTronix

Intel Master
I couldn't agree more. There are entirely too many resources devoted to introducing new "features" and not nearly enough devoted to fixing "bugs", which are multiplying like jack rabits.

Justin, is anything being done? The squeaky wheel will just get squeakier ... 25 days and counting! :heink:

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Psycho Sykes,

The following is Justin's answer from my other thread: No email notification - squeaky-wheel notice! - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/32373-12-email-notification-squeaky-wheel-notice

Thanks to Justin and his team, this problem has been solved! :D Perhaps you might inquire with your ISP.

Hope this helps,

Como :sol:

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I got the notification for this one however!
Besides I live in Egypt and the ISP I'm working with doesn't have any sort of filters, even for inappropriate material...
Anyway I'm happy that it's now over and I hope you don't have any others :D
They helped me before (via PM this time) so another +1..

Medo