No Ethernet (LAN) Drivers and Connection on a brand new system.

Nov 7, 2018
Hello, after I finished assembling my new PC I installed Windows 10 Pro. When it asked me to use a network, I went and plugged in the Ethernet cable on the motherboard net port, I didn't see any lights come on nor did the windows installer pick up anything, I then plugged in one of the usb ports a DLink WiFi adapter thingy to connect to the internet to proceed my installation of Win10 Pro. Now after reinstalling Windows 10 Pro thinking that it just messed up and didn't install any ethernet drivers, I come to see that the same issue is still there... Is it perhaps my cable that's messed up and it is somehow not compatible with my motherboard? Oh, also when I try to install/reinstall/repair the Realtek Ethernet driver it always tells me something about Deep Sleep Mode and to Plug In The Cable, obviously I have the cable connected and I can't access the deep sleep page because there is no physical connection besides the wifi adapter I have plugged in to use my PC... Any suggestions?
----------
Ryzen 7 2700
B350 Krait Gaming
2x8GB 2400MHz DDR4
120GB Kingston SSD
1TB WD Black HDD

first off reset the bios to default incase you turned off the ethernet port or set it to boot from network. if the port does not come on power down check for bent pin in the port and make sure the io shield is not shorting the port out. there should be two led on. a green led and a blinking yellow led. on your windows 10 did you use the windows media creation tool to make the 18xx iso or did you use a older disk. if it was an older disk go to amd web page go under chipset and download the updated mb chipset for the b350. after you install the updated drivers see if anything comes on.

Nov 7, 2018
I did everything you said prior to me asking for help. I even downgraded the BIOS to install the new chipset for AMD (latest bios needed the 18.xxx chipset to work, I'm still using the older bios). I don't think anything is shorting the port. My router lights up when I connect the Ethernet cable on the mobo, but there are absolutely no drivers about Lan or Ethernet in my computer... I did a reinstallation of windows, still nothing... But there is something weird, when I go to the device manager>network adapters there are about 8 Wan thingys, I tried messing with those but still, nothing.

Nov 7, 2018
I came to the conclusion that something is not right with my motherboard, I swapped hard drives from my old pc and booted from there and it seems like realtek is missing all together from my MSI B350... There are absolutely no LAN drivers and adapters... On my other pc with this hdd the ethernet works just fine... What can this possibly mean? Any help guys? I'm desperate... I spent my a** on this setup and I'm now very sad.

Nov 7, 2018
Meh, I'll go get a TP Link usb 3.0 adapter thingy... I don't want to bother with the mobo anymore. Feel free to post any solutions by the way, after buying this adapter it doesn't mean I won't try to fix the mobo port.

Nov 7, 2018
Hello, still nothing. I must say that this motherboard is "faulty" or broken from factory, there doesn't seem to be any other issue with it and any solutions to my issue.

TRENDING THREADS