No "Fan Control" in BIOS settings

JakeFighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
My PC overheats at least 5 times a day (even when just animating)
I can't play any games because of this.
So i went into BIOS (DEL key)
And i searched for anything relating to Fans
I didn't see anything,nothing about Fan control nor anything about power saving.
SpeedFan doesn't change my fan speed ( I have tried countless times reading 2 guides at once but it just wont work )
I really need help with this!

My motherboard:
MICRO STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.LTD
MS-7392

Windows XP

Please help! D:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If this is your MB: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P31_Neo.html#hero-specification
..and you still have the manual for it, you can find the CPU fan control settings in BIOS on page 3-18. If you don't have the manual, you can download it here: http://www.msi.com/support/mb/P31_Neo.html#down-manual

It appears that MB has only one fan header for a case fan and the other header for the CPU fan. But you don't say whether you want to speed up the case fan or the CPU fan. Nor do you say if the case fan is even connected to the MB fan header. It may be connected directly to the PSU.

JakeFighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

Yup,that's my MB.I have the user manual.
I want to speed up both.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The CPU fan is on the above mentioned page. But I suspect the fan is already running at its full RPM if temps call for it. If it isn't, the fan or the BIOS control may be defective.

Where is the case fan connected? MB header or directly to the PSU via a Molex adapter? Actually it won't matter. The SYS fan header is not speed adjustable which means it is already running at +12V (full RPM). And if the fan is connected directly to the PSU, it will also be running at +12V (full RPM).

JakeFighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

On multiple programs (such as speedfan or MSI AfterBurner) it tells me they are at 1905 RPM
I think my fan AND BIOS are defective since i don't hear any sounds from my PC.

What should i do?!

JakeFighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

Was kinda expecting a really loud pc.
The fans are connected to the PSU
Sorry for the stupid things i say,i am just tired :c

JakeFighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

Dammit,i guess i gotta buy a new PC then :c
Cause they barely spin

Thanks for the help though

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

How many fans is "they"?

JakeFighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

I think 4
Only 1 works
BUT, there are 3 adapter cables unplugged,should i plug them in and see what happens?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

4 fans, but only one works? The PC has cables that are not plugged in? Geez. Is this your machine, or what?
It would be nice to know for sure what the cables go to and where you plan on plugging them into...

JakeFighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

When i sent my PC to a service a year ago a damn amateur was working on it and i think he forgot to plug em' in.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Which of these connectors do the fans have?
TinKpwm.png