No fans, black screen, and no beep Asus gaming laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinixLike

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
So I had to use access my laptop urgently for a uni project so I had no option but to use a different model laptop charger, it booted my laptop all good but i noticed that the battery was not really charging. However, there werent any other problems so i thought its all good. one day i just put it to sleep and then came back to power it on, it wont power on like no sceen its just black, no fans, only the battery light is on indicating that it is being charged and the (light bulb) led is on the rest are off.

I tried holding the power button, and removing the battery, and reseting the ram, and the hdd and the m.2 ssd however there is no luck at all.

Laptop model: Asus GL552V
Charger used model: ADP-180MB F

thank you for your help in advance and sorry for that ^ wall of text xP.

Solution
Sounds like the charger you changed to may well have been the problem. I would suggest in the future being careful of what chargers you try using, they aren't all the same, and then try another charger (that has the right specs) and see if it then loads. If not, you really need to take it to a tech and have it looked at.
Sounds like the charger you changed to may well have been the problem. I would suggest in the future being careful of what chargers you try using, they aren't all the same, and then try another charger (that has the right specs) and see if it then loads. If not, you really need to take it to a tech and have it looked at.

Solution

sphinixLike

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017

okie thank you for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.