[SOLVED] NO FE Cards AUS - TP Cards Specs?

Aug 26, 2020
So I've seen a few online pieces claiming that Australia won't get any Founders Edition Cards from NVidia and we will have to buy the Third party stuff.

Which is fine, i guess - But i can't seem to find any type of specs on said cards - Would we expect these cards to be much bigger than the NVidia cards?

Have to now decide which third party card I should go with (EVGA or GIGABYTE at this point as long as they fit) - But have to make sure it will fit in my new case that's coming with all my other gear.

16.1" Is the limit I have for a GPU. Also from what I can gather, if Nvidia price is 1139 for a 3080, Third party cards will likely reach into the 1500's or so which is pretty crazy.

If I had my brother in law from the states buy a FE card and send it down, would the card work down here in aus?

Cheers

Solution
The FE cards were cards designed by Nvidia's own design team, they don't have any higher overclocking headroom or lower power draws or any other bells and whistles. They just...look nice and cost a pretty penny. The GPU is the same regardless of where it's bought from, the only thing that you should be concerned about is the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

With the new connector that Nvidia is using, has set us back to that era where people were using molex(4pin plug) to PCIe adapters for their GPU on concurrent PSU's(when PCIe power connectors were first a thing). The thumbrule when buying a PSU is that the unit has the necessary connectors for your components(sans and adapters)/

Lutfij

Titan
The FE cards were cards designed by Nvidia's own design team, they don't have any higher overclocking headroom or lower power draws or any other bells and whistles. They just...look nice and cost a pretty penny. The GPU is the same regardless of where it's bought from, the only thing that you should be concerned about is the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

With the new connector that Nvidia is using, has set us back to that era where people were using molex(4pin plug) to PCIe adapters for their GPU on concurrent PSU's(when PCIe power connectors were first a thing). The thumbrule when buying a PSU is that the unit has the necessary connectors for your components(sans and adapters)/

Solution
Aug 26, 2020
Yeah I just ordered my new pc build - got a 1000W Gold PSU that has the connections required.

So - No major issues with connecting the gpu if it's bought in the states and sent to australia?