[SOLVED] No Frills Gaming Keyboard

MTGmike

Reputable
May 22, 2015
I want a new mechanical keyboard. I've only had one. It was a hand-me-down from a friend and it died about 6 months ago so I don't have a lot of experience. I'm looking for a board with a good tactile feel, a bit clicky, but not too loud. The thing is, I don't care about RGB and don't want to have to pay for a feature I don't care about. I want full size w/ 10key, wired, n-key rollover, and programmable macros. Like I said, I don't know much but these are the things I know are important to me. Does anyone have a recommendations for a decent mechanical keyboard without having to pay for a bunch of fancy lighting? Like every question I ask, I am open to and grateful for all input.

Solution
I'm looking for a board with a good tactile feel, a bit clicky, but not too loud.
It sounds like you might be interested in one with "brown" switches. They are similar to blues, but a little less tactile and make less noise. Red and black switches don't provide any tactile bump at the activation point, which tends to not make them quite as nice for typing, though some people prefer the more linear feel.

Any switch can potentially make noise if you bottom out the keys though, and a keyboard's sound can depend on other factors as well, like the sturdiness of its backplate.
I'm looking for a board with a good tactile feel, a bit clicky, but not too loud.
It sounds like you might be interested in one with "brown" switches. They are similar to blues, but a little less tactile and make less noise. Red and black switches don't provide any tactile bump at the activation point, which tends to not make them quite as nice for typing, though some people prefer the more linear feel.

Any switch can potentially make noise if you bottom out the keys though, and a keyboard's sound can depend on other factors as well, like the sturdiness of its backplate.

Solution