No games will load in Windows 7 anymore

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
I have been doing a lot of research on this but have not found a solution. I was playing NFS MW 2005 without any trouble on my older PC with windows 7 pro 64 bit. I recently upgraded the MB as I got it fairly inexpensive and figured why not give it a try. At first it kept getting locked up at windows logo, and then split second blue screen and the loop starts all over again. System restore/repair can't fix it. Went ahead and reinstalled 7 again. System now seems to work fine, BUT..... Every game I have tried seems to install okay, but when it loads they go to the main title screen of the game and crash. I tried installing most wanted, and burnout paradise on another machine and same thing. The hard drive on the 1st machine was a bit sketchy so I thought, maybe that's the culprit, but hard drive on 2nd machine is way above suspicion. Not sure what to do. If I click the technical tab for the game it shows fail in approx 3 of the categories even though my system has way more memory, etc. than is needed. Running in comparability mode makes no difference. Hit a brick wall here and need help. Thank you.

AleksiDj52

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017

You have a very good PC you should upgrade your PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 trust me every game will work in Windows 10

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
I bought the MB used, and seller did not include the driver cd, but instead accidentally included an amd video card driver cd. I will go to Asus website and see what I can do. The only thing is that the other older computer I have is all set up correctly, drivers, etc. and it does the same thing. Only similarity is windows 7 in both.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
I will do this when I have some free time maybe this weekend. I am not sure this will solve the problem because it seems to be an epidemic because none of the games will load in even a computer that was up to date. Thanks again for all the help.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Thanks to everyone for your responses. Can always count on TH forum for quality help. I am really excited to get to it and see if I can get the software working even if just for old times sake...good times.......

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
Okay. So last time I used the computer about a week ago it downloaded around 192 updates as I had just done the fresh full reinstall of 7. When I finally got back to working on the computer today it started out by saying windows configuring updates, and it finally got through that after about 5-7 minutes and now instead of windows opening as usual, I get the following bulk and white screen

The system found unauthorized changes on the firmware, operating system or UEFI drivers.

Press (N) to run the next boot device, or enter directly to Bios Setup if there are no other boot devices installed

Go to Bios Setup>Advanced>Boot and change the current boot device into other secured boot devices.

I went into set up and found that the options are the WD HDD with windows, the DVD drive, and then the WD HDD without windows connected to it. When I installed windows again I installed all on the only partition available if I remember right which was the full HDD. Did I goof or does this have something to do with one or more of the updates installed recently? It was opening to windows just fine prior. I just tried again in set up and chose Windows Boot Manager (p1: And lists the WD HDD ). As soon as I choose that in boot override I get the above error msg again. I am thinking this HDD is simply bad, but not sure. So it looks like the bit locker update might be the culprit. I went into boot and under secure boot changed it to other OS, and now boots fine to windows. Hmmmm