Question No GPU output after installing Powercolor Radeon RX 6900 XT - mainboard beeping ?

Jan 21, 2021
Hi guys,
I could not find a matching thread, therefore, I started a new one and hope one of you could help me out.
After changing my graphic card (from a 1080) to the Powercolor Radeon RX 6900XT I have no output on my monitor. Therefore, I am unable to access the BIOS and have no clue what is going on or what I could do to fix the issue.
The only thing that happens is, that the mainboard speaker makes some noise.

1 long and 3 short beeps are hearable, indicating that there is a problem with the GPU. With the 1080 everything runs perfectly.

When I boot the computer the fans of the GPU start spinning and the red LEDs are powered on.
My power supply has 3 ports for the PCI-E power, I tried already to use every combination of them (what could not help at all because I am uncertain if they are bricked internally), anyway the 850W should be sufficient for the usage of this card.

I hope one of you could help me out :) Thank you very much in advance!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5900x
GPU: Powercolor Radeon RX 6900XT
MB: asus rog strix x570-e, Bios Version: 2802
Power Supply: Corsair RM850i
Monitor: Samsung LC49RG49SSUXZG, Ultimate Engine is on.
RAM: 2x16 GB Kingston HyperX Fury, 3733MHz

Best regards,
Iltissen

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 21, 2021
Hi a little update. The issue is solved now.
I missed a BIOS update, after the update the issue was resolved. (Of course I did not see it straight away and lost several hours trying to find the issue .... The card worked on another computer.) Well anyway thanks for your help Ralston :)
I hope this threads helps others who are as dumb as I am ;)

Reactions: norcalsc