[SOLVED] No GPU power

FergyBoi

Prominent
Oct 31, 2020
I just got a GTX 1660 XC Black yesterday, it worked smoothly without issues. but then out of nowhere my PC crashed and the 1660 hasn't worked since. The fan isn't spinning, and there is no input. Pretty much no power. It is in the PCI slot correctly, and the PCI-E power connector is plugged in. Device Manager and Speccy do not even recognize the GPU.

Solution
Do you think that a piece of hardware and especially a PSU will have some kind of indication that it will go bad? Unless you have special hardware and software monitoring each and every component, then you can't know and it will happen "suddenly".

Trying your cousin's PSU will be a far better practise. Hoping the GPU is not damaged.
Do you think that a piece of hardware and especially a PSU will have some kind of indication that it will go bad? Unless you have special hardware and software monitoring each and every component, then you can't know and it will happen "suddenly".

Trying your cousin's PSU will be a far better practise. Hoping the GPU is not damaged.

Solution

FergyBoi

Prominent
Oct 31, 2020
Okay so my cousin and I made the conclusion that it is fried. But, there is good news. The GPU had a warranty that I never knew about! So I'll just get a new one. We believe the PSU was the issue, so he gave me his 500w one for free. I really hope the MoBo wasn't the issue and it won't just fry it again lol.