No graphical output, older rig no integrated graphics

Dec 24, 2018
I am setting up my old rig after it had been sat in pieces on shelves for 3 years, and once I loosely built it to check its condition it seems to boot correctly however there is no output to any monitors I have tested it with.

Having done a bit of a search around many sources point out that it might be a problem initializing the PCI-e for the graphics card, due to the lack of drivers, and to use onboard graphics to access the bios and enable it on startup. However, the motherboard for the rig does not have integrated graphics causing me to be at a loss.

The system's components are:
Amd fx-6350
GTX 750 Ti
2x 4GB HyperX fury (hx318c10fw/4-cp)
Crucial MX500 CT1000MX500SSD1(Z) 1 TB Internal SSD
Gigabyte ga-970a-ds3p
Corsair VS450

After the initial error, I took apart the rig and tested all the components other than the motherboard in different rigs and they all booted & subsequently ran correctly and there were no problems.

Having rebuilt the rig doubling my undusting efforts hoping that would solve the problem nothing had changed.

it might be worth nothing while there is no data throughput to the monitors they react to the rig being powered by temporarily turning on only to say no signal and turning back off.

Right now I have two potential plans:
1 - Access the bios and enable the PCI-e on startup for the graphics card like was recommended online
2 - Downloading a later BIOS (or potentially the first) version onto a flash drive and using the Gigabyte ROM flashing (Q-flash) ready on the motherboard to try and reset it.

Both these options are currently out the window as without any graphical output from the computer I would have to navigate the BIOS menus without knowing where the pointer was, and as much as I have searched I couldn't find good documentation of the BIOS or I would have tried to navigate it based on images.

I would grab another motherboard if I had the money to spend on this rig, but having dropped £110 on the SSD as a student for a present I'm limited on the money factor.

I might be missing something obvious, but I would appreciate any help that I can get.

Dec 24, 2018

Unfortunately, no changes when using a different PCI-e, and I know the GPU functions as I tested it in another set up.
Right now I only have those sticks of DDR3 RAM and as well as that motherboard being the only one in my possession that will accept it, so I might need to order a couple more sticks to see if that's the issue.