No graphics on pc upgrade

Jan 17, 2019
Please help!!!! I have just upgraded my motherboard, pc and ram and when I boot up I do not always get an image on the screen. I got into the bios once and then nothing. I have the following parts Asus rog strix h370-h motherboard lga 1151 chipset. i7-8700k cpu. 2 x 16gb corsair vengance pro 2666mhz. asus strix geforce gtx 1070 gpu and a corsair h100i pro water cooler in a corsair carbide case using the corsair link system (not connected on install). samsung 500gb ssd and 4 x 3tb hdds (only the ssd was connected for the setup) and 3 x benq 27" monitors with a corsair 650i psu. I've used the hdmi, display port and dvi connections and still no image. When i put all the old parts back in everything works normal

Jan 17, 2019
I've reseated the ram and graphics card a few times. also tried the second ram slots just in case. My psu has modular cables for graphis and i've used several different cables and port configurations. I've never tried breadboarding and I'm not sure of i'm confident in doing it.

No that doesn't sound like a reset problem. Power supplies can get hot and will not turn back on until it cools down. That is a thermal reset.

In an instance where the system will not boot, clearing the CMOS essentially rests the installed BIOS to the manufacturer default settings. It has the same effect as resetting the BIOS to the defaults when you are booted into the BIOS.

Bot neither of those scenarios coincides with your post.

Jan 17, 2019
Would you believe, I have 5 computers in the house, 2 computers for spares, 2 laptops and not a single removable speaker amongst them. Have the breadboard set up. just need a speaker. dammit.

Jan 17, 2019
managed to locate a speaker. no post beeps. tried the speaker in another computer and the speaker works. also. my ram has rgb lights and they are no comming on, they did on the previous install.

If you haven't done so already clear the CMOS, and then try rebooting.

The motherboard manual will detail the procedure for your specific motherboard. it will either have a Clear CMOS button or a jumper. The button is obvious. For the jumper, move the jumper from the first two pins to the second and third pins, and then plug int the PSU and power up as normal. Afterwards, move the jumper back and reboot.

Alternatively you can power down and unplug the PSU wait for a few minutes to discharge the capacitors, and then remove the CMOS (CR2032 Lithium coin) battery. Then wait 5 - 10 minutes with the system unplugged, and then replace the battery. Then power up normally.

After that reboot and check for signs of life. If there is still nothing check all of the motherboard power cables (unplug and then plug back in firmly) . And then try rebooting again.

I believe you already tried breadboarding the motherboard and switching out the power supply. So, it is likely that the motherboard is toast.

Jan 17, 2019
cleared cmos and reseated all cables, connections and ram. still nothing. has to be the board, even if it was the cpu or ram you should see something on the screen or at the very least post beeps.